Panorama II S - DOA

Aztec

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased the Panorama II S unit after trolling this site and others for months. I've not posted anything previously, because all my questions have been answered by the community at large. I hate that this is my first post, because it isn't a bitch session, just my experience so far, and I wanted to share.

My package arrived by rocket ship. I have no idea how something in the mail gets to me faster from Korea, than from California. I live on the east coast of the U.S. Insanely fast shipping, and extremely well packaged I might add.

I purchased my unit from http://goo.gl/ZQvaAN

I know my unit came from a very respectful, and legitimate seller on ebay. I've got an email into them via ebay to fix my issue, but I want to share it with you folks incase your able to help me by pointing out user error. o_O

With that said let me explain what troubles I'm experiencing.
1) I plug my unit into the DC12V charger in my car and nothing happens. I can leave it in my charger for 5 minutes and nothing! No power up, even when I touch the power on button.
2) I plug my unit into my USB port(s) and wall power supply, and still no power up.
3) My SDXC card is a PNY 64GB card I bought from Amazon: http://goo.gl/DjiJJU
The card doesn't stay in the unit. I can push it in, but it doesn't lock in place. Just springs out.

Per shpkorea's instructions that he emailed after the purchase, I created a video showing the unit not working. I will also share that with you. My video work is lacking, but it gets the point across.

My video showing the DOA Panorama II S - http://goo.gl/qh4dMd

If any of you veterans, or rookies have any suggestions for me, I'm all ears. I'm at a loss and pretty bummed because I was very eager to have this thing hardwired in and working today.

I have a couple of questions, that you haven't clarified in your video, or above. Hopefully the answers will help solve the problems

Was the car supplying power to the cars 12v power point?
Did you use the power connector supplied with the unit?
Was the Write Protect tab on the PNY card in the unlocked position?

david

Was the car supplying power to the cars 12v power point?
Yes, radar detector works fine. I have 3 other 12v ports, and all are not powering the unit.

Did you use the power connector supplied with the unit?
Yes, original power supply. I had only opened this camera 10 minutes before the video.

Was the Write Protect tab on the PNY card in the unlocked position?
The tab was in the unlocked position.

Keep the trouble shooting coming!

Not that it'll help unless you get the unit powered up, but have you tried pushing in the SD card with your nail. I can't get my card in with just a blunt finger. I need to actually push into the groove a bit further for the lock to engage and hold the card.

I have honestly tried everything, except using duct tape. In the end, not powering trumps this.

Curious, does it lock toward the lense, or the touchscreen?

are you able to check the power cable, with a volt meter?

david

I have honestly tried everything, except using duct tape. In the end, not powering trumps this.

Curious, does it lock toward the lense, or the touchscreen?

your video show you trying the right way. You'll have even less success the other way

david

@spotnz I've never tried to read the volts on a power cable like this. I like your thinking here, and would like to trouble shoot it. How do I get a reading?

@spotnz I've never tried to read the volts on a power cable like this. I like your thinking here, and would like to trouble shoot it. How do I get a reading?

Positive lead on the voltmeter in the plug hole and the negative lead on the outer ring. Have you checked the fuse in the plug? Sounds like a power issue, I wouldn't mess with the camera any further until layer 1 troubleshooting is done.

I have not checked the fuse. Wouldn't the USB also power on the unit?

I have not checked the fuse. Wouldn't the USB also power on the unit?
Hey mate, I kinda had the same problem. I haven't read over the previous posts so maybe someone wrote what I'm about to.
It looks like your not using your nail to push it in. You have to get in pretty deep until you here a click. Also, mine wasn't turning on when SD was in, then it just stayed on menu screen forever. I had to format the SD in my PC (not in unit as sometimes the Gsensor, if used, wont allow to format properly. Not sure if it helps but anyways....

I purchased the Panorama II S unit after trolling this site and others for months.
My package arrived by rocket ship. I have no idea how something in the mail gets to me faster from Korea, than from California. I purchased my unit from http://goo.gl/ZQvaAN.

I beg to differ ;-)

"Let me just say RoadCam has amazing service and follow up. I received my panorama in ONE DAY. A++. You are fantastic. Will refer you to all my friends and family. Looking forward to buying that ball mount adhesive mount too. Cheers man!" -ornithology

"Got my dashcam today. Ordered this past Monday, and received it 2 days later (CA to Miami, FL). Thanks for the super quick shipping!!! Can't wait to install it this weekend!!!" -riseboi

"Wow! You provide awesome service, the camera arrived 3 days early! The shipping box was well padded/ protected too. And once again you are lightning quick! Thank you for the recommendation and link. I am really enjoying my new camera" - Gearnut

"I'm pretty sure I bought the last one, sorry guys.
ZWG375-SgqBp_LiDVg8nDCdhc40eGM_FTvW6yY_R6qrjGpIPCMKN_vTHktIR9_lcPfMGvle7ZfIR3sY7cn5IJaIL_jgtxo2obGsMtnm3n9_vuUk=s0-d-e1-ft
Let me say the shipping was FAST. I ordered on Saturday morning (May 3rd) and it arrived Monday (May 5th). Thanks so much!" -McKeegan

Ok now that I cleared that up, let me say I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue. I've yet to hear about this problem, but I'll be monitoring this thread to see what the resolution was to help future customers. Trying multiple power sources, It sounds like you got a rare defective one. The Panorama has a very low failure rate compared to other cams out there. (but electronics are electronics) That's the risk you have buying over seas instead of local. It's very expensive to ship returns back to Korea instead of California.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back