Panorama S focus and CPL problems

I'm really disappointed... I receive expensive brand new camera with blurry out of focus picture and I have to pay lots of cash more to have properly working camera. I think that I'll pass to sending it back to Korea...

Maybe I'll try to adjust focus by myself or I just throw it in the trash. Funny... More than 5 time cheaper camera (for example G1W) produce much better quality than my Panorama S. At this point I can't recommend Panorama S.

Maybe sir alexsoll or sir niko or somebody else could tell step by step instructions with pictures how to adjust focus... Please.

Thank you.

Last edited:
open the camera up, crack the glue on the lens thread (carefully),plug an AV lead in, connect to a monitor, twist the lens until you like what you see

open the camera up, crack the glue on the lens thread (carefully),plug an AV lead in, connect to a monitor, twist the lens until you like what you see

Ok. Thank for instructions. Maybe I'll try adjust focus...

Should I put some glue (what kind?) to lens thread to lock it? Otherwise it could move and be again out of focus?

you'll probably find there will be some residue and the threads will bind a bit and be tighter than normal anyway but you could reglue if you wished

Maybe they got a bad batch? It was a mystery why DGTLSYSTEMS started selling on Amazon for a short time anyway since RoadCam has an Amazon exclusive in North America.
We think they bought a 2nd hand batch from SHPKOREA. They finally removed their product from Amazon after going back and forth a bit.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...fi-wf1-new-custom-dvrs.4872/page-2#post-67433

But getting back to your problem, Niko and others have successfully re-focused the Panorama for those rare times you need to really dial it in perfect. The other option is to RMA the one you got and we would be happy to provide you with a new one from RoadCam.
Our batch is bought directly from the source (SungMoon) and is performing quite well. (happy customers)

They're still selling on Amazon. I just ordered mine on 6/5/14. As far as I can tell it is the Korean model. The manual has no english in it at all. There also isn't a metal ring around the lens as far as I can tell. I'm not sure how else to tell.

Anyway after some fiddling I was able to get the focus adjusted enough that I'm pretty happy with it. Now I just need to mount it better than a zip tie on the rearview :)

Makke, on mine I could put my fingers on the little black ring that surrounds the lens and turn it without much effort. While it was a pain to do it, swap card, look at video, try again, repeat, I eventually got it pretty good. Not difficult really. On another note I found a thread somewhere around here where someone mentioned that their videos looked better in some other player besides quicktime. I'm on a mac so Quicktime opens them by default. At any rate I tried using the Dashcam Viewer and it looks much better in there. That doesn't make any sense but I don't care as long as it works.

Also thanks for all the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Makke, on mine I could put my fingers on the little black ring that surrounds the lens and turn it without much effort. While it was a pain to do it, swap card, look at video, try again, repeat, I eventually got it pretty good. Not difficult really. On another note I found a thread somewhere around here where someone mentioned that their videos looked better in some other player besides quicktime. I'm on a mac so Quicktime opens them by default. At any rate I tried using the Dashcam Viewer and it looks much better in there. That doesn't make any sense but I don't care as long as it works.

Also thanks for all the help!

Sweet baby Jesus and mother of Christ! Well, I'll be damned...

I did not have to disassemble camera. I can turn lens easily. I thought it is very tight...

playbeasy
... You're the man!

Chuck_Norris_salute.gif

It is now better but need to adjust a little bit more...

Wow Chuck Norris even. I'm glad you got your problem fixed. I can't take credit for it leftlanehog came up with the idea in this thread, I just realized I could do it without the rubber band.

It is a bit tricky to get it dialed in. Mine isn't as good as alexsoll but I got it good enough to make me happy. :)

Good afternoon. I also have a problem with the sharpness. The whole year was all good, and recently decided to watch a video, picture scary, field no. Disassembled panorama looked inside everything is in place, nothing loosened. Do not know how to turn even the focus. Lens glued to not move. Maybe a year matrix burnt? Who that will advise? And how could this happen? Firmware v.1.12.03-18mbs. Video source: it was and how it became. http://www.ex.ua/663702802041

Good afternoon. Found the reason field. When re-parsing the panorama began to turn the lens, and it is easy to twist, even the glue is not found. Perhaps after repeated cleaning optics pencil Lenspen Focus was violated. I will try to adjust the focus. Later otpishu result.

Attachments

• 2014-06-22 18.07.59.jpg
    2014-06-22 18.07.59.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 21
  • 2014-06-22 18.08.29.jpg
    2014-06-22 18.08.29.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Good afternoon. Adjust the focus at home (if the power supply to 12 volts) it took me about 15 minutes. After a test drive did. All is well. Thought it would be difficult. Most importantly the right lens is not much left to twist and succeed. I wish you luck. Video source: http://www.ex.ua/471049675366

Back