Panorama S GPS not working

chrisn7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am new to dashcams, and purchased from DGTL Systems, who, as in an earlier thread supplied a bloss black unitg from Korea, which was somewhat unexpected.

Using Registrator Viewer the video seems to work reasonably well, but I have no gps data, despite this being plugged in and sitting a good place above the windscreen. I haven't spotted any setting on the camera that turns this on, or within the software. At the moment, I am guessing I am overlooking something, could anyone shed any light please?

I am new to dashcams, and purchased from DGTL Systems, who, as in an earlier thread supplied a bloss black unitg from Korea, which was somewhat unexpected.

Using Registrator Viewer the video seems to work reasonably well, but I have no gps data, despite this being plugged in and sitting a good place above the windscreen. I haven't spotted any setting on the camera that turns this on, or within the software. At the moment, I am guessing I am overlooking something, could anyone shed any light please?

Hi sorry to hear you're yet another victim of DGTLSYSTEMS. A lot of their old/local grey market stock has issues. it seems and is confusing + depriving customers of the real deal. (might be refurbished) I'm not having any luck getting them off Amazon either. (unauthorized)

Do you have the GPS receiver far enough away from the Camera? (12 inches) Also try http://www.dashcamviewer.com to see what it does for troubleshooting purposes.

Do you have a Green satellite GPS icon on the Panorama screen (mid-lower left) while you're driving around? (do you see the GPS satellite icon at all even non-green?)

Many thanks for responding so quickly! I did not know there should be a GPS icon as I did not see this in the manual. Anyway after nipping out to the car, no icon, until I double checked the plug was pushed home, then the icon appeared in orange- Doh! I guess this will turn green when satellites are acquired, so I'll try another test tomorrow.

To be fair to DGTL, I don't feel a victim at present, other than receiving a glossy unit, as their service has been good and they have been responsive - but I shall know for the next one. Buying this uit has been a toe in the water to see how good/developed these things are. I have another 3 vehicles to equip when I have learned a bit more...

Back