Panorama S or G for Limo drive in LA?

Werner S

Reaction score
Country
Turks And Caicos Islands
Did a little research, and looks like either the Panorama S or G (which comes with GPS) would be good for me. I can't really tell, but are the S and G exactly the same camera, but one comes with GPS, or are there other differences? I know the S comes with a 154 degree Angle camera, but couldn't find that statistic of the G. Any comments or suggestions, maybe from another Limo driver (or daily driver) would be appreciated. Thanks.

There is a forum dedicated to those models so I recommend reading in the powerucc sub forum here.

I have the pano g and recommend it hands down over the s. @Pier28 is in sf and has excellent customer service. I am very happy with the pano g

Did a little research, and looks like either the Panorama S or G (which comes with GPS) would be good for me. I can't really tell, but are the S and G exactly the same camera, but one comes with GPS, or are there other differences? I know the S comes with a 154 degree Angle camera, but couldn't find that statistic of the G. Any comments or suggestions, maybe from another Limo driver (or daily driver) would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi happy to help:
Check this post out for S vs G:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...i-s-g-faq-useful-links.4388/page-2#post-86894

What is the difference between the Panorama S and Panorama G?

Very similar Same Zoran CPU, same Sony Emor 122 Sensor & video quality, same matte black housing shell

S =
-impact touch screen (push in)
-U Bracket mount system (hard to take apart/install with bolt/nut but extra stable) 3rd Party Ball Socket Option
-best GPS signal (since it's external and further away)

G =
-capacitive touch screen (like a smart phone/tablet response)
-T Bracket mount system (easier to install and still stable)
-good GPS signal (GPS built in at the top)
EDIT: G is also part of Street Guardian which means even better support and extra firmware features. You now get both MPH in addition to KPH, 15Mbs, and Day Light Savings corrected Auto Time/Date setting. It also comes with a video cable as well..

I also point out a few things in my new G unboxing video:
We ship worldwide

Last edited by a moderator:
S =
-impact touch screen (push in)

G =
-capacitive touch screen (like a smart phone/tablet response)

just for the record, the correct term for the S screen is 'Resistive touch' which needs pressure applied to do its job, often used on very cheap Android tablets, on a larger screen it works ok but not great, on a small screen it's much less effective, the G which uses a Capacitive touch screen though is much more sensitive and far easier to use, it's a big improvement over the screen on the other versions

I grew up in the stylus days.... ahhhhhh..... :)

join the club ( I use to wear pagers that were big as a deck of cards) but the "stylus age" was the beginning of good things to come.. ;)

Yeah a lot has changed, I had my first mobile phone in '87 but had pagers prior to that, first ones were useless things that would just beep which just meant you had to call someone, don't miss those at all

i dont want to take this thread off topic but you and I could probably share some cool stories... ;)

I just offloaded my old ipaq gear, the bin at the recycling plant was happy to accomodate still functioning hardware.
And the container for paper was happy to take the 25 Kg or so of old photos from 30 - 35 years ago. ( and that was just the first batch )

No need to keep those Ipaq`s around now that i have a HTC smartphone and a asus memo pad 7 me176cx

Back