Parking Mode Battery Pack Issue

Not sure if this is the right place to mention that, but I got the UP04 hardwire kit, when I connect regular USB C cable ( try few different cables ) and not the one that came with the kit, the camera won't sense there is parking mode capability. Only when I attach the original cable that came with the kit.. Anyone else can confirm ?

Well yes of course, only with the hardwire kit enables parking mode, regular USB cable doesn't carry the ACC signal

Why ?
The UP04 have USB C connector. If the cable is damaged, why I can't use any other USB C cable ?
Weird for me

Regular USB cable doesn't know if your car is in ACC or not...

What do you you mean?
The UP04 knows that the car is in ACC or not.
Whats special in their usb c cable ?
It connects the same way

Whats special in their usb c cable ?
Probably has an extra wire connected, the one that carries the parking mode signal.
Many USB-C cables are missing some internal wires, especially if they are only intended for charging.

Look up "Full Featured USB C Cable"

Last edited:
AH sorry I you mean the 4G UP04 hardwire kit, it has an USB Type-C to Type-C cable, the ACC signal is carried on the SBU pins, which is usually not in use so regular type-c cables may not have it wired to save on cost.

Not ideal, also given the low voltage cutoff can't fully use the battery pack but easiest way to get parking mode working.
Otherwise you'll have to make your own custom USB Type cable and need to source an ACC switched 5V and wire it to the Type-C connector to SBU pins

With the help of a breakout board, eg
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B091TGNWBV

I have same idea too, But only implemented in 70mai 1s(Modify Micro USB cable)

refreance from Taiwanes guy`s idea:

Attachments

• typec.jpg
    typec.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 0
Back