Parking mode - collision startup time?

j_o_e

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,

I was wondering how long the N4 Pro would need to start the recording, after an impact has been detected in parking mode (collision detection mode). Has anyone any info on this? I remember that the startup time of the N5 was rather long (around 11 seconds , if I remember correctly) and was asking myself, how the N4 Pro would perform.

Best regards!

I don't know but I have always used Low Bandwidth mode to not miss anything.

Hopefully the N4 Pro has a buffer but I do not know.

Hi,

I was wondering how long the N4 Pro would need to start the recording, after an impact has been detected in parking mode (collision detection mode). Has anyone any info on this? I remember that the startup time of the N5 was rather long (around 11 seconds , if I remember correctly) and was asking myself, how the N4 Pro would perform.

Best regards!
To be honest, I did not experience it myself, but you should not hope for a miracle. Both models require sufficient time to launch.
I myself use the parking mode on all models: "Low bitrate parking mode".

Hopefully the N4 Pro has a buffer but I do not know.
There is a user manual here, it says about parking modes.

The parking modes of the N5 and N4 Pro are the same.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Due to the power consumption of the low Bitrate mode and the fact, that I park my cars for several days without running, the battery would quickly run down and I would be left with no dashcam surveillance at all. Therefore my interest in the collision detection mode, which appears to require significantly less energy...

Therefore my interest in the collision detection mode, which appears to require significantly less energy...
This is all understandable, but due to the launch time, there is a chance not to see the culprit.
Well, all other parking modes for several days your battery will not survive without recharging.

I covered that in my review here https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/vantrue-nexus-4-pro-review.49252/

10-12 seconds, which isn't great as will likely miss something. The other parking modes, whilst better in many respects are nonetheless useless once the power goes due to over temperature, low battery, or timeout with the 5 level hardwire kit. The 12 second delay might catch something. Once the power is gone you can be 100% sure nothing will be captured :rolleyes:

Unfortunately there is no way the camera will today fall back to Collision Detection mode after a time in one of the other parking modes. This would be the best of all available worlds.

Last edited:
Back