Pics that make you smile

We once put in a 2.8 L Opel senator engine in a Manta A :D due to lack of space in the front with the engine the radiators had to go in the boot that was left open with a 10 CM gap so the electrical fans had a chance of breathing some cold air at least.

Another of the guys had a newer manta with a 2.2 L injected engine, that one also moved good.

And i would love a Kaddet C GTE
kadett_c_cupe.jpg

This first one would do good.
Man, I'm a sucker for the sound of those Kadetts GT/E! That's why I watch a lot of hillclimbing videos. :)

Get it. Thanks. I deleted the post :D

The "D" model GTI was popular here in DK too, but it was not quote the same as the Golf GTI

I drove a D model GT from 1991 to 1997 or something, it was that car i drove on 2 wheels ( left side wheels ) and i had to change brake pads in the front at least 2 times every year i drove it that hard.
Only issue with it was it broke a timing belt now and then resulting in no drive, but other than that i rode it hard and put it up wet.
It had 63.000 on the clock when i got it and + 300.000 when i sold it for 5000 DKkr in 1997, it did use a lot of oil in the end but i got that for free at work.
And i did see it drive around in town now and then for another 2 years.

But for todays Diesel - well, my dream-car:
chasis and interior a mix between ford focus and volvo c40 II
motorized by a PSA-Diesel
reliability from the old Nissans (before they were bought by/bought renault)
That's the "price" of globalization: hardly anything is genuine anymore. Even Mercedes now uses some sort of Renault engines, so I've heard. But this isn't a new thing, as I found out the first time I removed the plastic cover on my father's 1995 Renault Laguna 2.0S (2L 16V) engine and the valve cover had Volvo written on it.

Fiat.....deserves a thread of it's own...

multipla-confucius-5562a0438f0b8.jpg
'The Toad' was on my shortlist of choices when I was looking for a new car. Only the chronic lack of space in the boot put me off.
I settled for the facelift Doblo
2f4393cedoblo.jpg
Not the prettiest of motors but amazingly spacious, plenty of headroom and legroom for all passengers, pretty good fuel economy (45mpg around town), it's a great towcar - even with a huge trailer, I was touching 70 on the motorway without realising :eek:, the 1.9TD engine is used by a few other marques & I knew a few who used these for small parcel delivery, racking up many hundreds of thousands of trouble-free miles.
Plus, what self-respecting chav would be seen dead driving one of these? (so they rarely get stolen!)

4SudWuR.jpg

I'd be more concerned that an 8-year old kid has "nice tits" and balls at the same time :eek: :confused: Engrish at its finest!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back