Pics that make you smile

And FCC just upped the terms for what is broardband in the US :D maybe you can use this as a knife to the troat of your ISP to get ther sh.t in order.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/29/fcc-redefines-broadband-speed/

I know! The best service I can get out here is 3Mbps assuming it's working properly. And the ISP claims that 4 Mbps is the slowest speed they offer. I even emailed them about this last week and sent them a screen shot from their web site about it but they never answered back. I did have a technician show up at 9 AM this morning (Sunday) though and he spent an hour or more testing and messing with my system. Seems a bit more stable and a bit faster but even he said to wait a few days and see what happens. Last week they found water in the cable coming up my road but fixing that still didn't sort out all the troubles in my neck of the woods. The USA is getting to be more and more like a third world country. :rolleyes: And the regular workers are still on strike since last October!

In Mexico I have 5mbps and it is soooo slow. They say the cables between the street and community are rusty and not going to be fixed anytime soon. The only way I got it to work smoothly was to buy a real router. With the ISP 2 wire router, I had a lot of drop outs and they had to adjust the system at their box monthly.

The system there is call, they check, tell you they will send someone in three days, they don't, call back four days later etc. Maybe you get it done a month later.

Well then my problems is really not that bad, what i get is just fine, i just wish i could get it from another company. ( witch i cant at this adress, i am even forced to pay for 25 tv channels i dont really want )

Kamkar, man.....that picture definitely does NOT make me smile. :mad: :)

This is about the best we can get out here in the mountains despite years of promises of greater bandwidth from our local ISP and state government officials.
With the current worker's strike in its fifth month any planned improvements that were in the works may be pushed back for years.
This is the reason I don't post many videos here on DCT.

speed.png

Are you in Mexico? I understand your pain, I lived it for years.

well get that second civil war going over there and then go here as a refugee, "they" even passed new law that will make sure refugees here get a job within weeks.
And i do belive all the refugee centers have fiber internet to enjoy while you wait for your job and apartment.

And its not meager accommodations we offer refugees here, this is the refugee center sandholm.
184555.jpg

Only minus is you sadly cant bring all the good things from home :( at least not without beeing punished by the Danish tax office.

Last edited:
Kamkar, I'm tempted to respond to your interesting post and photo but I don't want to turn this enjoyable thread into a lengthy political discussion. Having said that, sometimes it feels like a second civil war in this country is a real possibility.

Last edited:
In Mexico I have 5mbps and it is soooo slow. They say the cables between the street and community are rusty and not going to be fixed anytime soon. The only way I got it to work smoothly was to buy a real router. With the ISP 2 wire router, I had a lot of drop outs and they had to adjust the system at their box monthly.

The system there is call, they check, tell you they will send someone in three days, they don't, call back four days later etc. Maybe you get it done a month later.
:)

Yeah what some Greek dudes gave to the world some 2500 years ago is still a thing worth fighting for :D sadly they did not give us the end all solution.

As a man wrote back then.
In peace, sons bury ther fathers, in war, fathers bury ther sons.

yeah, it's monday.
kamkar1, the pic of your connection has truly not been needed. (over here, 10'000/1'000 is normal)

but - it still could be worse:
post2.jpg

They say the cables between the street and community are rusty and not going to be fixed anytime soon. The only way I got it to work smoothly was to buy a real router.

could be worse:
in East-Germany in the 1990's (right after the End of cold war and the reunification of germany), the "Telecom" supplied almost every village with what we today know as "Fibre to the home" which has been "state over the art" in the 90s. Back in time, the Germans living in a FttH-Village could not use ISDN for Internet, nor ADSL when this technology came up.

Sad part of this story: due to fibre didn't succeed while ADSL "won the battle", Telecom didn't keep the Backbones of their installation up2date. But then, the whole telecommunication-market had been liberalized. and no one has been investing in the FTTH-Villages.

Long story short end: the only way to get fast internet in eastern germany: cable-provider (and a good docsis-modem), satelit, or communal solution (where the village set up a T5-line).

Poor guy getting hammered 1 time and then run over :oops:

The only reason we got fiber ( i am on cable ) is that in the 80-90ties the power companies charged way too much for power, then then the goverment gave them 2 choises.
pay back mony or invest them in IT infrastructure, and so they put the mony in fiber. ( and the stupid Danish ppl got robbed again by ther own goverment )

To my knowlege only 1 fiber company of 8 or 10 here make mony today on ther internet sale, the others still loose mony.
Funny thing the one company that do make mony, one would assume was in and around Copenhagen as that is where most ppl live, but the one wo actually make mone is in the middle and eastern part of jutland.
Most of Copenhagen dont have fiber as the companies cant get to dig up the whole town, same with most of our other large towns.

As soon as you get a little out of the larger towns there is a good chance to get fiber all the way to the router on the inside wall of your house :)
But compared to Sweden prizes are still high, in sweden you can get a 1 Gbit connection on fiber for 500 SEkr, and here a 500 Mbit cost 900 DKkr so double the prize for half the speed. ( we and the Swedes have mony more or less at the same exchange rate )
But a 100/100 mbit is on sale these days 100 KR/ month the first 3 months and then 399 after that, and thats what i am gunning for in my next apartment, and hopefylly at a 100 DKkr lower prize by then.

My house witch was 11 km from the center of our 2 largest town only had 5/1 mbit adsl, untill fiber got there due to me filling out a lot of petitions online on behalf of all households in the area ;)
And at the introduction meeting with the fiber company we was only 12 households or so, but still they desided to dig down the fiber to my great joy.
And then a little over a year later we had to sell the house as my old mother witch i shared my house with got a bad aneurysm in the brain. :eek:

PS. in the late 70 ties and 80ties i was in eastern Germany several times, my father was/is top brass commie here.

yeah, it's monday.
kamkar1, the pic of your connection has truly not been needed. (over here, 10'000/1'000 is normal)

but - it still could be worse:
post2.jpg

how did his ankles not break? and why would that driver not even get out to check on him?

Does it work for men too?

I certainly could use some extra energy, I'll ask my doctor for some next time I'm there :p

Does it work for men too?

I certainly could use some extra energy, I'll ask my doctor for some next time I'm there :p

Let us know what happens. I might want to ask my doctor for some too! :D

I love the part about how this "magic powder purifies and enriches the blood". :rolleyes:

I like, "slim while you do the housework - surely and safely"

I guess safely must have meant something different in 1939/1940.

tapeworm-diet.jpg

camels-doctor.jpg

cocainedrops-645x395.jpg

Funny how things was much simpler in the good old days, and i have allways been told computers and technology is going to make things better, but i dont see that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back