Pittasoft's Customer Service or Lack Of

Brooklands 280

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Their answer to the time issue explained carefully in an E Mail I sent to them, are they taking the ---s!!!!

Dear Customer,
First of all thank you for contacting us.
If you do not mind, Could you tell us what city are you living in UK?
We would like to check your city is include in summer time.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Pittasoft support team.

I explained to them I have installed their latest Firmware (V1.017) for the 550 and did they have any plans to increase the bitrate. Their reply

We had released new firmware in our website.
Please download version 1.017 of BlackVue DR500GW-HD English firmware.
Highlights:
- Adjusted microphone volume
- Video optimization
- Other bug fixes and improvements
Would you please install the new firmware in your Micro SD card?

I will not post what I think of this SO CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE or the mods will ban me for using inappropriate language. If any of you guys/gals are in Birmingham for the Classic Motor Show please call in Hall 11 and say hello. Look out for the car in the sig pic. I am on my way there now for 4 days.

Last edited:
They have just replied to my face book posting but haven't replied to my email. This is what they have said.

"We are working to fix the time issue."
That's it.

I sent two emails one before the timezone fault and I updated after the timezone fault and still have no response it was a long email but I thought i would have had something by now.

Just realize that you are not the only customers but maybe the noisiest. They usually respond but as English is their second language things get lost in translation.

I have had minor problems but have found a polite short email usually gets results, not immediately but eventually.

Far better that approach rather than slagging them all over the net.

Only gets their back up and you get nowhere.

Just my take on things

I am still polite. I just leave honest reports in places I can edit or remove if they get there finger out and sort the problems out. I am just a bit louder then most of the UK. I get results and fast. especially on the phone. (very polite, but forceful). not as laid back s some of the Russian videos I have seen. LOL

Just realize that you are not the only customers but maybe the noisiest. They usually respond but as English is their second language things get lost in translation.

I have had minor problems but have found a polite short email usually gets results, not immediately but eventually.

Far better that approach rather than slagging them all over the net.

Only gets their back up and you get nowhere.

Just my take on things

Good Evening Hillbilly,

I am well aware I am not the only customer nor do I concider myself to be particularly noisy. My E Mails are polite and short but these are unfortunately mis understood so much so that I have after many weeks reached the end of my patience. Having said that and talked to various people I am like many going to wait and hopefully something positive will eventually surface. I can ill afford to spend on a 550 and 500 both with power magic pros not to have them working as the price tag warrants.

I for one have not as you put it slagged them off. I have merely stated the replies to my polite short E Mails and after many weeks my honest opinion of their replies.

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome

I found two things. 1. If you raise a little Sand with Blackvue you can get their attention. If it has not been suggested PM user Blackvue. You may get marginally better service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not as far as you.

Why shouldn't I defend them. I have bought 6 in total and apart from a couple of minor things have had no trouble with the 6 cameras some of which have been used in 4 countries in temps from freezing to 43C .
As far as I am concerned they do the job we bought them for and I support them for that.

I haven't multiposted all over the forum about things which I don't like so to rudely call me a fanboy is offensive.
You on the other hand have done nothing but complain since you have come on here.
My rant.

Last edited:
Back