Please format SD card

Once in a while, even a good manufacturer makes an occasional bad card. For the price, you might want to get another one and see if that solves the problem. Have you tried swapping the cards between the two cameras? That will tell you if it's the card or the camera.

I've tried plugging the dashcam directly to my car after reformatting the SD card and uploading the new firmware (i.e. skipping powering the dashcam on my computer), and sometimes the recording works until I turn off and on my car's engine, and at other times it doesn't work and I get the "please insert SD card" warning immediately.
It indicates that this camera cannot read your memory card if it audio alert "please insert sd card ";
It happens if a bad sector on your memory card!

Thanks both for the advice. I haven't driven since so I tried what Mebijedi suggested with another SDcard from my home IP camera (SanDisk Ultra) and the B1W plugged into my computer, and still got the same alert. The SanDisk High Endurance seems to work properly on the IP cam so I don't think its an SD card issue.

Interestingly after I did the above I tried resetting the SD card etc to give things another shot, and everything now seems to work properly at least with the B1W powered on my computer (when immediately prior I had the alerts going off when the unit was plugged into my computer).

I suspect it may be the dashcam having problems reading the SD card. Will try it out in the car and let you guys know again if the issue returns.

Thanks once again!

the B1W plugged into my computer, and still got the same alert.
You should not plug into computer USB socket for power source, you should plug into car cigarette lighter/or 5V phone charger for power source!

You should not plug into computer USB socket for power source, you should plug into car cigarette lighter/or 5V phone charger for power source!

Noted on using a phone charger for the power source.

So the camera didn't work again in the car and I tried reformatting the SD card and re-installing the firmware. This time, aside from getting the "please insert SD card" warning, I noted that the firmware files were still in the SD card (i.e. it wasn't pushed onto the camera). I tried the same process with a different SD card and got the same results.

Any idea on what may be wrong? Or has my camera just decided to stop reading SD cards?

Any idea on what may be wrong? Or has my camera just decided to stop reading SD cards?
Could you give me more details after camera you power on? How about its led light? and how about its audio message?
If it said that please insert SD card, it indicated that you use a failed card for this camera, and you should change a new card or Format your memory card as FAT32 by a windows computer.

Hi @estore009 sorry I took so long to get back on this.

I used the original SD card in my home IP camera and it worked for the past month, so doubt it is an issue with that particular SD card.

I tried a 2 other SD cards with the B1W, and when I first turn it on it takes about 3-5 seconds before I get the "please insert SD card" warning. The LED light is constantly solid green (not blinking) during this time, and the firmware files are still in the SD card after this (i.e. it wasn't pushed onto the camera). I tried reformatting the various SD cards using your instructions above using both Windows format and GUIformat. So am quite sure at this stage that it isn't the SD card.

Any tips at this stage?

If 32Gb card, you can format it as FAT32 directly by Windows computer; If 64Gb card, you should use this Guiformat tool to format it as FAT32. Also you can give it a try to format it in its APP after WiFi connection!

Hi @estore009 sorry I took so long to get back on this.

I used the original SD card in my home IP camera and it worked for the past month, so doubt it is an issue with that particular SD card.

I tried a 2 other SD cards with the B1W, and when I first turn it on it takes about 3-5 seconds before I get the "please insert SD card" warning. The LED light is constantly solid green (not blinking) during this time, and the firmware files are still in the SD card after this (i.e. it wasn't pushed onto the camera). I tried reformatting the various SD cards using your instructions above using both Windows format and GUIformat. So am quite sure at this stage that it isn't the SD card.

Any tips at this stage?
try this I had a similar issue loading the parking mode file...…

1) while the camera is in your car....stop the recording
2) format the card in the B1w.
3) unplug the b1w
4) remove the card

5) insert card into pc
6) copy the 1 file from the link estore009 provided to the card
7) reinsert the card into the B1W
8) plug the b1w in

9) wait 1 min.

10) I think i then reformatted the card in the pc,

formatting in a PC and not the B1W was only difference from when I actually got it to work....so try to format in the B1w only,

Back