Please help rewrite wrong firewall

augemage

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Hello dear friends i have on big trouble.
I am not expert in these firewall things, and i don't know what to do. I have Prestigio Multicam 575w .
Recently, i tried to update firmware. But instead of correct one (http://za.prestigio.com/catalogue/DVRs/Multicam_575w/PCDVRR575W#/product-support) i installed wrong one (http://za.prestigio.com/catalogue/DVRs/RoadRunner_519i#/product-support?article=PCDVRR519I). Please, can you say to me, how to fix it, because now its not working, just red indicator shines. I downloaded AFT132 tool, but i don't know all steps to fix my trouble. Sorry for my bad english. I hope you guys could help me. Many thanks.

That's weird - how did you manage to get it to flash the Novatek firmware onto an Ambarella based camera - it would have been looking for a different filename.

Worst case if you renamed the file you may be able to get it into DirectUSB mode but you'd need Prestigio to send you the ELF firmware to use with that - either way it sounds like you need to drop them an email to see if they can help you

That's weird - how did you manage to get it to flash the Novatek firmware onto an Ambarella based camera - it would have been looking for a different filename.

Worst case if you renamed the file you may be able to get it into DirectUSB mode but you'd need Prestigio to send you the ELF firmware to use with that - either way it sounds like you need to drop them an email to see if they can help you
Thats correct, i don't know why, maybe i was drunk, i renamed file name from FW96220A to A7LS-Firmware, and installied via SD card. Don't ask why, i know its stupid.

So, you suggesting me to get ELF Firmware from Prestigio, because orginal firmware BIN file is not enough?

I'm guessing nothing happens if you put the correct A7LS-Firmware.bin file onto the root of the memory card?

To be honest I don't know if the camera would go into DirectUSB mode as I've never heard of anyone try this.

Does your PC detect any devices if you connect it via a USB cable? If you get an Ambarella Evaluation Board or similar then DirectUSB would recover it but only if you can get the ELF file from Prestigio as DirectUSB uses a different format to normal firmware files.

Worst case if they can't help I'd personally be trying the ELF format firmware from say a G90 maybe and then if it takes that try renaming the correct file to firmware.bin and powering up the camera to see if that's enough to get it to flash again.

Yes, nothing happens when i put correct one into SD card.
I tried DirectUSB, it founds my camera! PC detects it too, i can see it on device manager.
I think getting the ELF file gona take a while ...
How about G90 thing ?

Nice, thanks a lot sir.
Is this a right steps to go with direct usb:
1) Connect => Then sellect yous ELF file in Firmware Programming
2)Download
3)Uplaod?
Sorry im comfused whitch thing do first.

Last edited:
Good morning, i did everything step by step like in this video. I had no errors, everything went good, but still no action. Camera not working that it should work.

That's probably because you've used the G90 firmware - do you get anything on the display?

If not you need Prestigio to supply you with the ELF format firmware file that you can use with DirectUSB I'm afraid.

This is one great thing about Ambarella cameras - they're incredibly hard to brick!
This is an interesting comment and great news for a newbie and tinkerer like me when I get my first camera.

Hmm, but maybe my dash cam can work with custom firmware? I just need to record video, i don't need e.g. prestigio logos, or other stuff.

If it doesn't work with the vanilla firmware you're stuck as there are no custom ELF files out there unfortunately.

Have you tried contacting Prestigio support ? maybe they are kind to help you.

Back