"please insert sd card"

spelevink

Reaction score
Country
United States
i have a formatted 64 gb sd card and keep getting this voice notification. i tried formatting it from the app menu, but it goes to spinny wheel, then ends (no notification of success or failure). and the notification continues. what gives?

If it's a card you've been using for a while it may have reached it's 'end of life'. Test using h2testw and/or do a low-level format with SDformatter.

It’s brand new, partitioned with disk management under win10, formatted with power shell as fat32

It’s brand new, partitioned with disk management under win10, formatted with power shell as fat32
Has it ever worked? Even brand new cards from legitimate sellers can have problems - even more likely from on-line sellers like eBay. Test it to see if it's a card problem or something else. Formatting with SDformatter that I linked to will insure it's properly formatted which may not always be the case when formatting SD cards with OS utilities.

Last edited:
I have not yet had a card bad right from the blister wrap, but it have been darn close a few times.
My latest card a 256 GB Adata endurance, well right from the get go its write speeds was significant below the stated speed, giving it a spin with SDformatter sorted it out, or at least put it within sight of the advertised
write speed.

But took a while with a card that size.

thanks for the help so far. SDFormatter uses exFat instead of fat32, is that going to be a problem?

thanks for the help so far. SDFormatter uses exFat instead of fat32, is that going to be a problem?
I'm not familiar with the B1W but you should be able to format in camera after doing the low level format in SDFormatter. Make sure you test the card as well before doing anything 'in camera' - you want to make sure the card has no problems before doing anything else.

BTW, what card is it and where was it purchased from?

Edit: This from the Blueskysea web site. Not sure why they say to uncheck 'Quick Format' - that doesn't make any sense to me 'cause doing a low-level format in Windows could adversely affect the card performance.

How to farmat memory card as the FAT32 format?

1) Using a USB memory card adapter, plug the memory card into the adapter and then plug the adapter into a Windows PC.

2) If Windows recognizes the card and it appears in Windows Explorer, right-click on the memory card and select Format. In the window that opens, select FAT32 from the File System pulldown. Then make sure the checkbox 'Quick Format' is not checked. Then click the button at the bottom of the window.

3) This B1W dashcams have the ability to format the memory card built in, you can format it in APP after WiFi connected.

4) If 64Gb or above, you should use this tool Guiformat to format it as FAT32 with a Windows computer.

5) If 64Gb or above, you should use this tool SDFormatter with a Mac to be FAT, and then format this memory card again in the APP after WiFi connection!

Last edited:
use the overwrite option and it will reset the card to its default state which will be exFAT, from there don't create partitions in Windows, just format to FAT32 using something like GUIformat or similar, use 32k cluster size, once you put it in the camera format it there again

i have a formatted 64 gb sd card and keep getting this voice notification.
B1W cannot read this exFAT format card. That is why we are asking you to format your 64Gb card as FAT32 by the tool Guifirmat or just to format the card in the app after WiFi connection with your phone!

Actually, after formatting it in exFat it worked fine with the B1W.

thanks all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T B1W 1
estore009 B1W 56
K B1W 11
M B1W 28
Back