Please Mr. Postman

CrosstownTee

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
GS90C Ambarella A7LA70
The last couple of days there’s been some (well… quite a lot of) criticism on the behavior of postman in traffic. Well I can confirm that’s not coming out of the blue… I’ve noticed that personally as well the last years.

They (Some of them, of course) drive (with their cars) on the bike- and footpaths, don’t even get out of their vehicle to put the mail in the letterboxes, drive in the opposite direction…

… And yesterday one just pulled out, after having parked in offence with road traffic law, onto the road in front of me. (In Belgium, on a two-way road you are not allowed to park facing the opposite direction). Mind you, this is a 70km/h road…

I think, but that’s only my humble opinion of course , this postman should’ve just checked his mirrors, and have waited for me to pass by. Instead he pulled out, forcing me to slow down, and then just pulled over again, to the right side this time, forcing me to slow down further, and overtake him…

To me it looked like he had already started to pull out into the road before you came into his view from the blind bend.

@Error7 I think that might be the wide-angle perspective playing up.
My dashcam only 'emergency' records 10 seconds before I press the alert button, so I can only show you what I've got registered; I can assure you he was on the verge and indicating (no pulling away) at the start of the clip.
The bend is quite long, and admittedly there is trees, but I had spotted him quite a bit beforehand though. He probably didn't spot me, so he pulled out.
The point is, however, and maybe this isn't the best example, that there is dangerous postman out there... :eek:
:)

Even if he had started to pull out before you came into his field of view, it does't make it safe to continue the manoeuvre.

Back