Please report your 64Gb Transcend Premium 300x batch / serial number !

@reverend, oops, from @niko's first post, I thought this thread had to do with X2 not seeing the front card inserted, etc.

To be fair you're right it does read like that - that's more crossed wires from me!

I'm never actually used any Transcend cards in my X2 but trying some Lexar 633x out at the mo. To be honest it's not been that bad with two Samsung Pro cards in there, it just seemed too much of a coincidence for four separate Transcend cards from two countries to have the same issues.

When 1.3 hits or whatever the next version is with debug info hopefully we can start collating some really useful info to get all of these problems nailed on the head.

I have parking mode on with 12.4v cut off. For weeks, I had my cars connected to a battery maintainer at the end of the day, overnight due to extreme cold weather and no issues with the latest fw. The one weekend or so I didn't on one car, issue popped up with not recognizing the front card.

I'm not a programmer but if I had to guess, something in the code between the voltage check and shut down is creating a lot of problems. With all the different cards users are using, it feels like it's related to a certain card brand or batch and we are all grasping for a connection but I really think it isn't due to different cards. Again, just a guess on my end.

I would also consider look into statistics of Fat32 vs exFat memory card format users reporting issues. There might be also a conflict of exFat not working properly and being "too sensitive" to voltage cut-off and other functions.

Maybe those who uses 64Gb exFat can try to format to Fat32, or if they have 32Gb memory cards, - try using them for one week and see if this makes any difference ?

@Bluenose & @Mark Bixby - could you put the serial numbers of your cards on here please as they went read only and they're the ones we're really interested in please :)

Copied from my post of March 3rd above

I have just had a look at the serial numbers on my cards and they are :-

B94044 - 5752 9173BA 64gb 090S2

B94044 - 5761 9173BA 64gb 090S2

They were purchased from My Memory on 24/01/2015

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDXC

Another curve ball here to throw in the mix!

For those of you having random issues, could you free up 500MB on the card by deleting a few videos and then run it through CrystalDiskMark to see what performance is looking like (this will also adjust depending on the reader used etc)

http://crystalmark.info/redirect.php?product=CrystalDiskMarkInstaller-en

That will give you an output of speeds which can be pasted in here - likewise if you then format the card with SDFormatter from https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ and format the card and then run it through CrystalDiskMark is there any difference?

I'm just wondering basically if there's a slow down of some sort which means the X2 shuts down before everything is flushed to the card correctly.

Blimey! I wish that we had had computers when I was a kid, I might just be a bit more knowledgeable about them now. Instead, my brain just hurts when I read some of these posts!!!!

Blimey! I wish that we had had computers when I was a kid, I might just be a bit more knowledgeable about them now. Instead, my brain just hurts when I read some of these posts!!!!

Better late than never, you are doing fine ! We try to help you in an easy understandable way, step by step.

Better late than never, you are doing fine ! We try to help you in an easy understandable way, step by step.

I keep saying it Niko, grey haired wrinkley old codgers like me, are so very grateful to members of this and various other forums, for their amazing patience and their generosity with their time. It must be very frustrating for them at times.

I keep saying it Niko, grey haired wrinkley old codgers like me, are so very grateful to members of this and various other forums, for their amazing patience and their generosity with their time. It must be very frustrating for them at times.
Not frustrating at all. We also might dont know immediately all solutions, but thanks to issue reports and patience from members in resolving them via different test n try, we all learn and benefit from this ;)

IMPORTANT: How do we safely add and remove the cards?

I think that this should be an escalated bug because 1) Customers paid a good amount of money for a camera that is working intermittently (I was driving all day yesterday without the use of the camera because it was stuck saying the "Please insert front card" and there was a minor incident I would've liked to record) 2) The Transcend card was recommended to customers 3) Because so many people are using the Transcend card we are all focusing on the card, but it could actually be an issue with the camera and not the Transcend cards (which makes sense because Transcend is a reputable brand and it's unlikely that so many cards have issues -- after all, the card is instantly recognized by our computers so that we can format them).

I just inserted both cards into my computer and I got a message that I need to format them before they can be used. I'm wondering if the camera somehow corrupted the cards.

Card Info:
B84532 3636
9173BA 64G 090S2

B84532 3785
9173BA 64G 090S2

IMPORTANT: How do we safely add and remove the cards?

I think that this should be an escalated bug because 1) Customers paid a good amount of money for a camera that is working intermittently (I was driving all day yesterday without the use of the camera because it was stuck saying the "Please insert front card" and there was a minor incident I would've liked to record) 2) The Transcend card was recommended to customers 3) Because so many people are using the Transcend card we are all focusing on the card, but it could actually be an issue with the camera and not the Transcend cards (which makes sense because Transcend is a reputable brand and it's unlikely that so many cards have issues -- after all, the card is instantly recognized by our computers so that we can format them).

I just inserted both cards into my computer and I got a message that I need to format them before they can be used. I'm wondering if the camera somehow corrupted the cards.

Card Info:
B84532 3636
9173BA 64G 090S2

B84532 3785
9173BA 64G 090S2
Agree. Any dashcam should work out of the box.
X2 vs Transcend was working with earlier FW with no major issues, but lately those reports starts coming. Not sure how much newer FW or if later Transcend cards are in conflict with later FW, this is still under question, because for me my both Transcend 64gb 300x cards works fine no matter if its with old or new FW, maybe I was lucky to get older "better" memory cards batch, or maybe its because I drive usually only 1-1.5h per day, which has not yet affected memory cards.
We will see if the MLC type is better solution for X2 after some combined reports from users.

What is the safe way users should be inserting and removing memory cards?

Everything works now after formatting the cards on my computer. If you don't have valuable footage on the cards you may format your card like so (on a computer running a Windows operating system):

Method 1. Insert the card into your computer, using a USB or other card adapter if necessary. You should get an automatic message saying that you must format the card before using it. Click "Yes" to format (a Quick Format, the default, is okay). Leave the default FAT-based format (eg. exFAT).
Method 2. Insert the card into your computer, using a USB or other card adapter if necessary. (In this method, I'm assuming you didn't get an automatic message to format the card). Press (Windows Key + E) to see the disks. Right-click on the disk that represents the card you just inserted, then click Format. Leave the default FAT-based format (eg. exFAT).

But imagine if there was valuable footage on the cards before they were corrupted! Please note there are multiple ways to repair disks with built-in utilities on different operating systems. So if your card somehow gets corrupted in the camera like mine did, you may repair your corrupted card like so (on a computer running a Windows operating system):

1. Insert the card into your computer, using a USB or other card adapter if necessary.
2. Close any message, prompt, or window that pops up.
3. Press (Windows Key + E) to view disks, then note which drive letter corresponds to the card you just inserted.
4. Click the Start button, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click on Command Prompt, click Run as Administrator. (If you are using XP, you don't need to right-click and run as administrator, just click Command Prompt. If you're using Windows 8, after you click the start button, click the search button on the top right, search for "Command Prompt", when the icon appears right-click then click "Run as Administrator").
5. Type the following command without including the quotes: "ChkDsk <drive-letter>: /R", where <drive-letter> is the drive letter you noted in step 3. For example, if my card had F as the drive letter, I would type: ChkDsk F: /R
6. After the repair is complete, close the command prompt.
7. Safely remove your card.
8. Reinsert the card into you computer or camera. When inserted into your computer, you should no longer see a message that you need to format your card. Your card should now be recognized when inserted into your camera.

PS: It might help sometimes to use the /F flag before or instead of the /R flag.

Last edited:
Maybe we should ask Sungmoon if there is a way in the software to eject the cards to make sure they're clean before we remove to try and minimise the exFAT issues people see.

In other news @Mtz has a failed Transcend Premium 300x card today going to read only - not good news in one way but good news in that it's not the X2 causing this problem.

My card was used in the same day SJ5000 + (ambarella), Mini 0806 (ambarella), A118C (novatek) and I think last time was used in A118C.
Was formated first time with SmartDisk_FAT32_tool but Sj5000+ and Mini 0806 showed 32GB size. Only A118G showed 64GB size.
I read some post which warned to not format the card with SmartDisk_FAT32_tool when the card is inside camera and I tried to not format the card when was inside camera and connected to PC.

B96846 7397
9173BA 64GB 010S2

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• Transcend 64GB read only.jpg
    Transcend 64GB read only.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 3
Where was that card from please @Mtz?

So far we're looking as follows:
upload_2015-3-17_22-22-17.png

We've only got details of three failures there but you can see they're all the highest serial numbers which could be a link here.

That reminds me, I need to list my serial numbers

Maybe we should ask Sungmoon if there is a way in the software to eject the cards to make sure they're clean before we remove to try and minimise the exFAT issues people see.
Just an off switch would be fine.

The first versions of firmware did kind of have one - a red box that either stopped or started recording when it was powered via ACC or powered the camera down when it was in park mode.

It's certainly sounding like it could do with making a reappearance at some point!

First off, great site guys, lots of useful information to be found here!

+1 for a faulty Transcend Premium 64GB 300x card. It worked well from new (not formatted) in the Mobius (firmware 1.13) until I used it in my MacBook to review the files. They all played well, but they were all read only and I couldn't delete all of them. I then tried to format it using SD card formatter v4 (exFAT) and the format failed at the very end. I purchased it from 7dayshop.com for £18 in May 2015.

After 4 hours of faffing around using different computers, card readers and cameras in a hissy fit I snapped it and threw the bits in the bin so didn't get the part/serial number off it:mad:. My first card in 9 years that had failed on me and I've purchased dozens, including 6 Transcend 2GB compact flash cards which still work flawlessly.

Currently running a Philips 32GB class 10 in the Mobius without an issue (apart from some horizontal split/flickering of the video during playback which might be down to the firmware upgrade: V2.37)? My Sandisk 2GB class 4 card also exhibits this flicker.

I might try a Lexar 64GB class 10 card in the Mobius next as they're about £13 delivered...

Kris

Back