Poor picture quality

Teedee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DR650GW-2CH
I know this has been mentioned before and that the low bitrate issue needs to be resolved.....
Just wondering if everyone elses 650s are as bad as mine at capturing details like number plates?
These pics were taken using old firmware with 'highest' quality
I am driving at a slow 13mph and the vehicle in front is not moving.

bv1_zps8aj4zycq.jpg

And this is what it looks like when zoomed in to 100%
bv2_zps9dltwynh.jpg

Not really great...

Sort of defeats the purpose of buying an expensive dash cam...........

It does doesn't it.....
I have just upgraded to custome firmware with a higher bitrate, will try it out for a few days and post back how it works.
Initial thoughts are that it is much better. Still have a bit of tweaking to do.
bv3_zpsrzi8bbab.jpg

Your first post looks like a heat related focus shift, the dashboard looks very sharp because the heat has caused the lens to move slightly.
We've seen this a few times when the camera has been baking in the sun for an extended period of time, usually goes away after driving for a while with the A/C running.

Your first post looks like a heat related focus shift, the dashboard looks very sharp because the heat has caused the lens to move slightly.
We've seen this a few times when the camera has been baking in the sun for an extended period of time, usually goes away after driving for a while with the A/C running.
It has always been like that, impossible to get a reg number captured especially when going faster.
I finally got the custom firmware and have installed it & now set it up, will post pics tomorrow as it is dark now.

Back