Possible Class Action suit against Blackvue

Discussion in 'DR750LW-2CH' started by nhirsch, Jul 14, 2016.

1. nhirsch

nhirsch New Member

United States
    The blackvue 750 has a serious manufacturing defect that many people including myself have discovered. The screen buttons stop working on many units or the location of the place on the screen moves outside the button location on the screen or it becomes completely unusable. It becomes impossible to format an microsd card for example or go into settings. I am trying to get this resolved for over a year. There are a few youtube videos on the problem:

If you have this problem please leave a message here. It's possible to put together a class action lawsuit if Blackvue refuses to address these issues in a fair way to their customers. For all these reasons, my believe is they will not do updates and they wll hope this issue dies and disappears without them having to do anything to make things right. I'm not willing to let that happen.

2. jokiin

jokiin Well-Known Member Manufacturer

China
    Dash Cam:
    Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    they don't sell this model in Australia any more, not sure if this has anything to do with that, these big cameras are a bit of a hard sell in our market so it may have been dropped due to lack of interest

3. richdean

richdean New Member

United States
    I have this problem and JUST wrote Blackvue customer support about it.

I was finally able to get the format "yes" button to work by tapping a bazillion times, but I still cannot turn on the WiFi.

I would happily add my name to the list.

Rich

4. Alex Jones

Alex Jones New Member

United Kingdom
    I have a problem with my Blackvue 750 screen not responding to the options on the screen if I touch the screen it will come on but if I press wi-fi, settings etc it just does not respond any ideas what I can try to resolve this issue it seriously annoying me kind off makes the camera useless really if I can't use it properly! My halfords camera was better! well that's how I feel.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated

5. nhirsch

nhirsch New Member

United States
    So my Blackvue 750 failed awhile ago. Buttons on screen didn't work anymore as per above. Reported to Pittasoft (Manufacturer of Blackvue). They claimed ignorance of issue when it first started happening. YouTube videos however showed it was manufacturing problem happening to many. Meanwhile the 650 in my Porsche was working well. I started leaving messages on the YouTube videos and webcam forums trying to gather names of people with same problem and the Blackvue Facebook page. Finally, after numerous emails back and forth, Pittasoft agreed I could send it in which I did back to Korea. After checking it they offered to repair or replace with the new model 650S. I opted for the new model and it's in transit. Install should be easy as the power and the rear camera cable is, I believe, compatible so it should be able to install in matter of minutes. Will report back later.

6. Alex Jones

Alex Jones New Member

United Kingdom
    Do you have a E-Mail address you could share for pittasoft, When I deal with company I bought camera off they keep fobbing me off with updates and formats I've done everything I've been told but still no joy! frustrated and I don't seam to find a direct number for Blackvue/Pittasoft.

7. nhirsch

nhirsch New Member

United States
    This is the fellow who eventually solved my issue. Note the policy is to go thru your distributor or dealer where you were located but I showed that my distributor/dealer did not respond to me so they allowed me to send to them.

[​IMG]

Taqi (BlackVue) Taqi (BlackVue Customer Support) <cs@pittasoft.com>

Attn: Taqi Muhammad
    Company Name: Pittasoft
    Address: BYC HIGH CITY A-7th floor 371-17 Gasan-Dong Geumcheon-Gu.
    City: Seoul
    Sate/Province: Seoul
    Postal Code: 153-803
    Telephone# 82-2-6947-4670

Thank You

Best Regards
    Taqi
    BlackVue Support Team

Attachment(s)
    RMA Request form-Korea.xls

8. Alex Jones

Alex Jones New Member

United Kingdom
    That's great I shall try it anyway see if I get any joy will keep you posted.

9. richdean

richdean New Member

United States
    I've had almost no luck after a month of back and with Pittasoft's cs@ email address.

I purchased my 750 from Amazon with my AmEx card and it turns out that means I get another year of warranty coverage from AmEx. Working through that bureaucracy which requires me to send the camera to a local dealer.

I suspect this problem is just going to resurface even after the repair though since I believe this is a design defect with the camera.

Still trying to get BlackVue to replace the 750 with the more reliable 650.

10. pbostley

pbostley New Member

United States
    Bought from Amazon. Out of warantee by a few days. BlackVue support claiming "this is the first they heard of it", which is clearly B.S. I'm in...

11. richdean

richdean New Member

United States
    Taqi also helped me eventually but I had to push really aggressively. They claimed this was a new issue and that they didn't have other people with the problem. Eventually I threatened to go to the CA Attorney General's office and that seemed to do the trick. They did make me pay for shipping and I had to send my old 750 to them (which they claimed worked perfectly). They sent me a new 650 which I like much better. It took me about four months to get it all resolved but Taqi is your guy. Just use the generic cs@pittasoft email address and do not take no for an answer.

BlackboxMyCar likes this.