Possible Class Action suit against Blackvue

nhirsch

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Dash Cam
miagods
The blackvue 750 has a serious manufacturing defect that many people including myself have discovered. The screen buttons stop working on many units or the location of the place on the screen moves outside the button location on the screen or it becomes completely unusable. It becomes impossible to format an microsd card for example or go into settings. I am trying to get this resolved for over a year. There are a few youtube videos on the problem:

If you have this problem please leave a message here. It's possible to put together a class action lawsuit if Blackvue refuses to address these issues in a fair way to their customers. For all these reasons, my believe is they will not do updates and they wll hope this issue dies and disappears without them having to do anything to make things right. I'm not willing to let that happen.

they don't sell this model in Australia any more, not sure if this has anything to do with that, these big cameras are a bit of a hard sell in our market so it may have been dropped due to lack of interest

I have this problem and JUST wrote Blackvue customer support about it.

I was finally able to get the format "yes" button to work by tapping a bazillion times, but I still cannot turn on the WiFi.

I would happily add my name to the list.

Rich

I have a problem with my Blackvue 750 screen not responding to the options on the screen if I touch the screen it will come on but if I press wi-fi, settings etc it just does not respond any ideas what I can try to resolve this issue it seriously annoying me kind off makes the camera useless really if I can't use it properly! My halfords camera was better! well that's how I feel.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated

So my Blackvue 750 failed awhile ago. Buttons on screen didn't work anymore as per above. Reported to Pittasoft (Manufacturer of Blackvue). They claimed ignorance of issue when it first started happening. YouTube videos however showed it was manufacturing problem happening to many. Meanwhile the 650 in my Porsche was working well. I started leaving messages on the YouTube videos and webcam forums trying to gather names of people with same problem and the Blackvue Facebook page. Finally, after numerous emails back and forth, Pittasoft agreed I could send it in which I did back to Korea. After checking it they offered to repair or replace with the new model 650S. I opted for the new model and it's in transit. Install should be easy as the power and the rear camera cable is, I believe, compatible so it should be able to install in matter of minutes. Will report back later.

Do you have a E-Mail address you could share for pittasoft, When I deal with company I bought camera off they keep fobbing me off with updates and formats I've done everything I've been told but still no joy! frustrated and I don't seam to find a direct number for Blackvue/Pittasoft.

This is the fellow who eventually solved my issue. Note the policy is to go thru your distributor or dealer where you were located but I showed that my distributor/dealer did not respond to me so they allowed me to send to them.

blackvue-bird-logo-48x.png

Taqi (BlackVue) Taqi (BlackVue Customer Support) <cs@pittasoft.com>

Attn: Taqi Muhammad
Company Name: Pittasoft
Address: BYC HIGH CITY A-7th floor 371-17 Gasan-Dong Geumcheon-Gu.
City: Seoul
Sate/Province: Seoul
Postal Code: 153-803
Telephone# 82-2-6947-4670

Thank You

Best Regards
Taqi
BlackVue Support Team

Attachment(s)
RMA Request form-Korea.xls

That's great I shall try it anyway see if I get any joy will keep you posted.

I've had almost no luck after a month of back and with Pittasoft's cs@ email address.

I purchased my 750 from Amazon with my AmEx card and it turns out that means I get another year of warranty coverage from AmEx. Working through that bureaucracy which requires me to send the camera to a local dealer.

I suspect this problem is just going to resurface even after the repair though since I believe this is a design defect with the camera.

Still trying to get BlackVue to replace the 750 with the more reliable 650.

Bought from Amazon. Out of warantee by a few days. BlackVue support claiming "this is the first they heard of it", which is clearly B.S. I'm in...

Taqi also helped me eventually but I had to push really aggressively. They claimed this was a new issue and that they didn't have other people with the problem. Eventually I threatened to go to the CA Attorney General's office and that seemed to do the trick. They did make me pay for shipping and I had to send my old 750 to them (which they claimed worked perfectly). They sent me a new 650 which I like much better. It took me about four months to get it all resolved but Taqi is your guy. Just use the generic cs@pittasoft email address and do not take no for an answer.

I have the 900x 2ch and purchased it April of 2021 and going on my 4th replacement. These dashcams can't stand the heat. Mines constantly restarting. I've done every trouble shooting and everything was checked it's just another faulty dashcam. Can't rely on Blackvue. Always problems with the firmware too.

My son has the 2 channel 4k and it’s been nothing but trouble. I think it’s been sent back twice and each time they claim there are no issues with it yet there are loads of users posting of issues.

The latest is that they are blaming the SD card, it’s too fast apparently and as a result this causes the cam to heat up and stop working. My son did point out that he was using the Blackvue supplied card in which case they said the card must be faulty.

My son spent over £700 having it professionally fitted by a local approved Blackvue supplier, they kept on fobbing him off until it ran out of warranty so now there’s nothing that they will do as it’s out of warranty. Currently it runs for around 20 mins before it craps itself.

A truly despicable company and an even worse product where secretly they know there are issues but as they’ve had your cash they don’t seem to care and are not interested in putting things right. My son is fairly active on social media so he lambasts the company whenever he can hopefully saving others the nightmare of dealing with Blackvue.

My son has the 2 channel 4k and it’s been nothing but trouble. I think it’s been sent back twice and each time they claim there are no issues with it yet there are loads of users posting of issues.

The latest is that they are blaming the SD card, it’s too fast apparently and as a result this causes the cam to heat up and stop working. My son did point out that he was using the Blackvue supplied card in which case they said the card must be faulty.

My son spent over £700 having it professionally fitted by a local approved Blackvue supplier, they kept on fobbing him off until it ran out of warranty so now there’s nothing that they will do as it’s out of warranty. Currently it runs for around 20 mins before it craps itself.

A truly despicable company and an even worse product where secretly they know there are issues but as they’ve had your cash they don’t seem to care and are not interested in putting things right. My son is fairly active on social media so he lambasts the company whenever he can hopefully saving others the nightmare of dealing with Blackvue.
Yes they tried blaming all my SD card as well..They love the blame game. There's no way these dashcams can stand 167 degrees F. but according to support I have in an email that's what they claim. I'm filing a complaint against the distributor located in Canada.

This company is a joke. I was sent 5 defective dashcams within a years time. The app doesn't work and I'm paying for the cloud service. It's been down for 4 days and they don't care but continue to take your money.

Yes they tried blaming all my SD card as well.
Standard Blackvue reply that is. I was completely unimpressed with my 650s, every complaint was met with "your not using a Blackvue SD card". moved over to Viofo last year, much better experience.

The issue is that blaming the SD card is so easy and there’s no way around it. As I said they claimed the card my son was using was too fast and causing the dash cam to overheat.

So in essence they are claiming that the SD card is generating loads of heat causing their dash cam to overheat.

A truly despicable company who sadly had the opportunity to put things right but opted to use smoke and mirrors until the warranty ran out. You can guess what they said on the day after, sorry your dash cam is not in warranty!

So in essence they are claiming that the SD card is generating loads of heat causing their dash cam to overheat.
Right.. cause the SD card is the thing that is doing the read and writings. Makes all the heat.
The chipset/cpu of the internal card reader just sits there and does nothing.... :ROFLMAO:

Back