Power magic EZ

I meant plug the cam direct into the ciggy socket on the car, thus bypassing the B112 and see if it still does it. If it doesn't that indicates that there is something wrong with the B112
Hi sorry for a late reply I by passed the b112 box and it still restarts black vue help service is no help they said call amazon ( that’s where I got it from ) they replaced it but still haven problems any help will be nice many thanks

This morning I installed the Blackvue DR-590W-1CH dashcam with the Power Magic EZ cord but after following all of the directions and setting up the PINs for 12.5v and 6 hour cut-off voltage settings, yet having the Power Magic EZ set to OFF, it continues to power the dashcam in my garage and the white LED on the Blackvue dashcam continues to blink white which the manual says that its in normal and parking modes. Not sure what else to try... I don't want this dashcam straining my car battery while my car is parked in my garage every night, weekends, and holiday vacations. I really don't want to have to reach down and unplug the OBD-II every nite, that's the only way it's powering the dashcam off. I have it installed in a 2018 Subaru Forester Premium 2.5 Black Edition. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is there not an on/off switch for parking mode

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I don't think that is the point. The cam stays on even when the PMP is switched Off when it should go completely Off. It seems like the "Ignition switched" supply is not switching off. If that is the case, there is not a lot that can be done as the ODB is 'hard wired' by the manufacturer or the Magic EZ is faulty.

Is there not an on/off switch for parking mode

There is an On-Off parking mode switch, and even with it turned OFF, it continues to power the dashcam, unfortunately. That's the issue i'm having a hard time with.

Can you try it in a different car? That way you can see if it's the car or the cord. Its odd as OBD ports should all be standard.

I guess I could, I was just hoping that there was another option I could try before having to undo all the neat tucking that I did with the wiring especially around the EyeSight camera. I was thinking of trying it in my Volkswagen Atlas as a last resort. I tested the unit to make sure that the Blackvue was functional before I tucked away the cable nice and neatly. I didn't think to try to see if it would turn on and off with the car! :banghead:

So I called the Blackvue support phone number that continues to pop-up every time I go into the Blackvue Android app and they said that I have a defective Power Magic EZ and that I will have to get a replacement :mad: from the seller thedashcamstore.com

@car Is that what you had to do with yours as well for your Macan or did you figure something else out?

Just wanted to note that power magic pro ez works with blackvue dr750s. I have had it in use for about a week.

Just wanted to note that power magic pro ez works with blackvue dr750s. I have had it in use for about a week.
Are you able to disable it using the On Off switch if you weren't going to use it for a long period of time? My EZ powers my Dashcam cuts off at my settings but the On/Off on the side didn't do anything for me on 2 different EZ's. I just unplug it at the Dashcam when I'm not going to use the vehicle for a week.

Are you able to disable it using the On Off switch if you weren't going to use it for a long period of time? My EZ powers my Dashcam cuts off at my settings but the On/Off on the side didn't do anything for me on 2 different EZ's. I just unplug it at the Dashcam when I'm not going to use the vehicle for a week.
On/off switch worked as expected when I checked them during installation, but haven't tested them since. Why is it necessary to change them anyways? Doesn't keeping it in parking mode will auto shut-off when it goes below voltage threshold and not make battery lose its charge?

Some people are like that. Me included. If I ain't gonna use it then I switch it off. ("it" being pretty much anything)

its EZ logical i think, not bug...On/Off only change parking mode, but not power. This mean dashcam with OFF will be working all time, ON - parking mode and controller is work now.
If u want make dashcam is OFF - just it manually do it via cable from dashcam. Its easy and fast.

Back