Power Magic Pro does not turn on? [Pictures included]

The applied voltage from the battery has to be at least 0.25V higher than the cutoff voltage set before the PMP will switch on. I.E. If you have the cutoff voltage set to 12V, then the battery voltage has to be above 12.25V. If you have been mucking about in the car for some time with interior light on etc., the battery voltage could easily be less than 12.25V .
Usually starting the care sorts this non existent 'problem' out.
It's a shame they don't say that in the instructions as it would save countless posts on this and other sites.

Seriously. I still blame myself but damn. It took me 15 minutes to wire it up and over an hour of me checking my wires with a multimeter.

I gave up and found this tread. I’ll try again today and hopefully be good to go.

Thanks for all the help gentlemen. Especially the porsche guy who posted. Our cars are strange!

Our cars are strange!
It's not our cars. It's a bit of a shortfall in the PMP instructions.
You should have found THIS {CLICK} had you really been looking. It tells you all about the PMP and its nuances.

Thank you for the link. It fired right up when I started the car. I will read that thread as mine now powers up, but turns off immediately once I turn the car off. I have mine set to 6 hours (two down, the rest up) and Im not sure why it powers off. I have constant set to a constant and my 12V is on a switched fuse. I used my multimeter to check and did so 45 mins later too.

This is one thing I liked about the F800. All this was built in and worked easily.

Thanks for the link. Off to read it now and figure out why this isnt working correctly now that it has power.

Well that was short lived. Now it doesn’t turn on at all. So over toying with this thing to get it to work. Ugh.

It was me! The flip switches were wrong. I misunderstood the toggle setting. At any rate, it works. But I just hope it turns off. LOL.

We’ll see by tomorrow morning.

Read the replies The usual reasons are in there Just because the screw for the earth MIGHT be into metal that metal migh only be connected to plastic.

Best way to check earths is to meter ti out to a body part like a hinge or somewhere really solid.

Back