Power Magic Pro gives <1s of power then nothing

mike3105

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've installed a power magic pro (well, tried two in fact) and have had the same issue. I've checked with a multi-meter that I'm getting the correct voltage on the yellow and red wires, and can ground on the black. The LED wont come on, and when testing I get a quick moment of power and then nothing. This is with it in unlimited mode and with the ignition on. I know the fuses are correct too as I had the switched working before and the multi-meter confirms.

Any hints you guys can give? Surely I can't be unlucky enough to get 2 crap units from amazon?

Thanks!

When testing make sure the car is running first. As you may have low battery( less than 12v )Then turn it off.
And test again.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Are you trying this with the car on? Or does this happen only when the car is off?

Are the fuses you used between 10A-30A?

Is your ground wire properly grounded?

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses.

The fuses are 15A. The ground is also on an official ground point in the fuse area. I have a battery monitor that says the voltage is >12.5v and it happens with the car off, ignition on, and engine running.

Thanks!

What voltage do you have set on the PMP? Set it to 12V (if it's not already at that)

Was there not an issue some time ago with the red and yellow wires from the PMP being reversed? Swap your sources and see if that helps..

Was there not an issue some time ago with the red and yellow wires from the PMP being reversed? Swap your sources and see if that helps..

even if the leads were reversed they would both still be powered when the car was running so it should still power up

Yeah, check that your voltage cutoff is at 12V.

Does the dash cam power on without issue at all when using the vehicle's 12V socket? AKA bypassing the PMP.

Yeah, I'm testing with a 12V charger with a light on it, which comes on as I plug in the wires on the PMP. It works through the car's outlet which is off the same fuse (piggybacked for PMP). The dashcam works through the same fuse socket and ground point.

I got them through amazon, so either a bad batch, or I don't know what...

You didn't use fuse taps, did you? If so, check the crimping.

If not...sounds like it's defective as well :sorry:

Back