PowerCell 8 Question

deadobjects

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got the Blackboxmycar PowerCell 8 and will be installing it this weekend. I currently have my VIOFO A129 Plus Duo hardwired to my 2023 Prius and can understand why there is a voltage cutoff module. But what is the is the purpose of it on the PowerCell 8? Does it matter which cut off voltage it is set to? What cut off voltage setting should I set it to since it is not connected to vehicle and instead it is connected to the PowerCell 8.

What cut off voltage setting should I set it to
Do yourself a favor and DO NOT use the included 16AWG charging cable.
Get yourself some 12AWG 100% Pure Copper Wire.
And don’t charge it through your fusebox.
Use a relay like @rcg530 shows;

To answer your question set the Low Voltage Protection to the lowest value.
We’ve made suggestions to Viofo for an upgraded Hardwire Kit that has a selection to disable all low voltage protection for use with auxiliary batteries.
This should increase camera run time 1-2 hours.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT use the included 16AWG charging cable.
Get yourself some 12AWG 100% Pure Copper Wire.
And don’t charge it through your fusebox.

I’m sorry for my ignorance but why would they include that in box if I should not use it? Why not charge from the fuse box? I’m getting worried about doing this install now. Is it not safe? Have there been known issues doing it this way? I don’t think I know how to do what’s being shown in the video. I’m a beginner at this type of stuff. I did the hardwiring on my car on my own and capable of doing battery install with what is provided in the box but not sure about anything beyond that.

why would they include that in box if I should not use it?
Why not charge from the fuse box?
Is it not safe?
Start here;

Back