Powerucc PanoramaII Mount

iamdrumming

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't see it.

I have a DVR-207, but it's defective, and keeps shutting off. I ordered a Powerucc PanoramaII through the Ebay link on this site.

I am looking to mount the cam right on the dash, and not use the windshield suction cup at all. I've had many problems with the DVR-207 falling off the windshield due to cold, dirt, etc. There is a disc attached on my dash right now (Photo to follow) where the previous owner had his GPS attached by suction cup. I'm wondering if I can use that same disc, but for the Powerucc PanoramaII once I receive it.

I tried using that disc/mount with the DVR-207, but the video is upside down. I wonder if you can record using that mount withthe Powerucc PanoramaII, but the video will appear right side up.

Again, I'm not looking to attach the Powerucc PanoramaII on the windshield at all, just on the dash itself (hence the name "dashcam") :)

Thanks!!

To be fair the Panorama comes with a much better quality mount than any DVR-207, the DVr-207 could probably be referred to as a dashcam because that's where it keeps landing

Not sure if there's an invert video option in the menu @niko or @Sungmoon Jang would be able to advise, if not though the mount is much better quality and is likely to be no issue when used as intended anyway

I currently don't see any option in the Panorama to invert the video. But don't worry, you can just invert it in any video editor software if you later require it in your computer. As jokiin mentioned, the Panorama ships with a much higher quality mount. You can always just use a sticky mount instead of a suction cup mount.

9av7.jpg

Just make sure you wipe the mount and windscreen with isopropyl alcohol to clean the surface before mounting. The supplied tape holds with an iron grip. I nearly cracked the mount when I had to move it (originally was mounted on the dash).

And yes, there's no option to invert the camera. The menu stays upside down, and the inbedded camera info (date/time/speed/etc) will be upside down, too.

Thanks all for your replies. I will use the suction mount for now, until I get another car. It seems the tape is for more of a more permanent solution. It would be cool option to be able to mount the cam right on the dash though. Maybe in a future firmware update :)

I was wondering if there was a swivel mount for the PanoramaII?

yes... would like the option to rotate if stopped by police...

where can i get a original replacement mount from?

9av7.jpg

Just make sure you wipe the mount and windscreen with isopropyl alcohol to clean the surface before mounting. The supplied tape holds with an iron grip. I nearly cracked the mount when I had to move it (originally was mounted on the dash).

And yes, there's no option to invert the camera. The menu stays upside down, and the inbedded camera info (date/time/speed/etc) will be upside down, too.

Lighter fluid AKA White spirits is also a good cleaner. As it evaporates, unlike turps etc which leave a coating. Beware of using Acetone, as any dropped on your dashboard will permanently mark the places where it lands.

There are video editors that invert your movies. I'm learning ( slowly ) Final Cut Pro. Which inverts in several directions.

david

Mount from GS1000 fits 100%, i tested:

Anyone in America sell this mount, I do not want to give my phone number and credit info to China

Dang, I just ordered the PanoramaIIS/Hardwire power kit from Roadcam's amazon store. I should have asked if he had more. Besides them, has any one else come across the ball joint mounts?

Have you or anyone else ordered from aliexpress before? I've never heard of it. The delivery timeframe isn't very appealing either.

lots of people do, deliver time is an issue of course, did you check with Roadcam, @JazJon to see if any brackets left, I know they weren't listed but he did have a couple of pieces

Back