Prelude to a thrill

BlazinBob

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR500GW-HD
Driving to work yesterday morning and I captured my first traffic collision. Not a bad one, just someone driving a Prelude in the #2 lane who's not paying attention and drifts over into the van in the #1 lane in front of me.

Hopefully you stopped to give the van driver your info so he can show police and insurance that he was 100% not at fault. lane change accidents are the hardest to place blame on because it's almost always he-said-she-said. with this footage, the van driver can collect from the honda driver pretty easily (assuming honda driver actually has insurance).

When it happened I expected them to pull to the right shoulder or, better yet, off the freeway and I would have followed them. I didn't like that they decided to use the emergency lane next to the fastest flowing freeway traffic, since their cars weren't disabled. I decided I would pull ahead, exit the freeway, and come back around to see if they moved to the right shoulder or to choose a safer spot to park so I could give the van driver my business card. Unfortunately, they were already gone.

better safe than sorry, especially at that early/dark time. probably the honda driver dozed off or something, which is why he didn't notice the road curving and went into the van.

Hopefully you stopped to give the van driver your info so he can show police and insurance that he was 100% not at fault. lane change accidents are the hardest to place blame on because it's almost always he-said-she-said. with this footage, the van driver can collect from the honda driver pretty easily (assuming honda driver actually has insurance).
Agree

When it happened I expected them to pull to the right shoulder or, better yet, off the freeway and I would have followed them. I didn't like that they decided to use the emergency lane next to the fastest flowing freeway traffic, since their cars weren't disabled. I decided I would pull ahead, exit he freeway, and come back around to see if they moved to the right shoulder or to choose a safer spot to park so I could give the van driver my business card. Unfortunately, they were already gone.
At least you gave it a shot :)

I did feel bad I wasn't able to get the van driver my info. I looked over my video to see if I could read the van's plate number, but it was still too dark out. Not enough resolution to read the numbers, even when I drove right by it.

Back