Problem setting up WiFi

jmdlcar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Maxi, Mobius 2
I try to setup my WiFi and my Apple iPhone 4s.

What I tried so far.

1 Try to charge it but don't green light or maybe it fully charge.
2 iPhone doesn't see the Maxi.
3 I haven't ran mSetup yet.

Is the Maxi plugged into a power only USB socket, or a data USB? If it's data, then you will get either a red or blue light. To get green, hold the power button to turn it off. It should now be charging the battery and show a green light. If it's a power only socket, the Maxi LED may be sold amber (standby) or flashing amber (recording). Stop any recording then switch off the power to activate charging.

To connect to wifi, first you need to enable wifi on the camera. With the camera in standby, press and hold the Mode button until the rear LED flashes, indicating WiFi is on and waiting for a connection.

Well I got the WiFi working and it shows the battery is 100% charge and the FW came with version 2.11 installed.

Now where is the setting for when I use for a dash cam so when I play the video won't be up side down?

Now where is the setting for when I use for a dash cam so when I play the video won't be up side down?
in msetup
The WiFi apps let you make these changes without using mSetup.

When you're in the app, go to the Settings tab, then click on Advanced. Scroll down and look for Rotate Image, and choose Inverted.

The maxi has an auto rotate option I think which may be preferable if it's going to be used in more than one setting

I did something that I wanted with Mobius 2 and that is Live View the Max will do that. I only had the Maxi 3.5 days now and I like better then my Mobius 2.

Beside the Maxi and Smartphone the only cable I would need is the power cable unless I want to hook it up to a TV.

My next item I want to get is a 256gb Micro/Sd Card Samsung Evo Plus.

I been watching the Live View there will be one change for sure with it and that is change the Lens. I'm glad order a extra B Lens Module I am going to order a 4.35mm Lens and change it like did in the Mobius 2.

I been watching the Live View there will be one change for sure with it and that is change the Lens. I'm glad order a extra B Lens Module I am going to order a 4.35mm Lens and change it like did in the Mobius 2.

If you're not currently using the M2 for anything you could take the 4.35mm lens from there and try it on the Maxi to see how you like it. :)

If you're not currently using the M2 for anything you could take the 4.35mm lens from there and try it on the Maxi to see how you like it. :)
I wish I could take out the Lens module of the Mobius 2 and put it in the Maxi just to test it.

I wish I could take out the Lens module of the Mobius 2 and put it in the Maxi just to test it.

As far as I know, neither the modules or the ribbon cable connectors are compatible so the best you can do is to take the lens from the M2 and screw it into the Maxi module and then use the WiFi live view to focus, as you mentioned. The lenses from the M2 were glued in but if you apply some heat with a hair dryer (not too much!) it will soften the glue and make the lens easier to unscrew.

My Mobius 2 is not glued now I remove the glue when install the 4.35mm Lens. I hate to remove the Mobius 2 4.35mm Lens because it was to get focus.

My Mobius 2 is not glued now I remove the glue when install the 4.35mm Lens. I hate to remove the Mobius 2 4.35mm Lens because it was to get focus.

I know how you feel but many of us here on the forum swap lenses in and out of Mobius cameras (and others) all the time and it's just sort of a routine task. I often do it out the window of my office using the branches of a particular tree as the focus point while watching the image on my computer screen.

How do you use the computer screen? What cables do you use?

Back