Problem with Blue

KeithChesterfield

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A couple of MOBIUS CAMERAS
I'm wanting to reduce the 'blue' effect I get on my Mobius to get a more natural colour.

The first picture is with my Canon PowerShot camera and the second picture is with the Mobius and both were taken within a few moments of each other.

As you can see the Canon gives a more subtle and cooler blue that the warmer blue of the Mobius.

Has anyone else managed to reduce the blue effect without altering the overall picture?TRIAL BLUE CANON.jpg TRIAL BLUE MOBIUS.jpg

I'm wanting to reduce the 'blue' effect I get on my Mobius to get a more natural colour.

The first picture is with my Canon PowerShot camera and the second picture is with the Mobius and both were taken within a few moments of each other.

As you can see the Canon gives a more subtle and cooler blue that the warmer blue of the Mobius.

Has anyone else managed to reduce the blue effect without altering the overall picture?View attachment 17567 View attachment 17568

The Mobius is unique in its ability to infinitely adjust the color balance to any preference. Simply use the mSetup GUI and make your adjustments there. This may require some trial and error, of course.

FYI, Blue = cooler, as you mention but "warmer blue" is a function of more yellow rather than blue. In the RGB (Red - Green -Blue) color model used in our digital cameras Blue is the opposite of Yellow on the RGB color chart, so you can adjust for different degrees of warmness or coolness by either adding or subtracting blue. In other words if you subtract some blue, the image becomes more yellow.

There are different ways to achieve what you are after in the Mobius mSetup GUI. You can try just setting the camera's color options to warmer or cooler, or you can use the white balance options. One way to reduce the bluish cast in your video is to set the white balance to "cloudy" (which makes the images more yellow and less blue). The M0bius GUI custom RGB options provide for very fine grained, infinite color balance adjustments if desired.

Mobius_006.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the helpful replies.
I will try the 'Cloudy' option tomorrow and see what difference that makes.
The Dialog Color settings, pic below, are the original default settings when I bought the Camera.
Do they look about right for the Auto settings or should they be different/altered to get a better balance as you've suggested in your previous post?

Dialog Colour Settings 1.jpg

Thanks for the helpful replies.
I will try the 'Cloudy' option tomorrow and see what difference that makes.
The Dialog Color settings, pic below, are the original default settings when I bought the Camera.
Do they look about right for the Auto settings or should they be different/altered to get a better balance as you've suggested in your previous post?

View attachment 17576

No, No....that window is just for setting the text colors of the main dialogues in the program itself. It has nothing to do with the camera's color balance settings. (You can try it out though- it's fun! - Click on any color in the chart, then click OK and go back to the settings window and you'll see that all the text is now the color you clicked on in the chart. To go back to the way it was just go back and click "default" in the color window.)

So ignore that window that has the color chart on it and just use the "Advanced Image Settings" tab in the main settings window to adjust the camera's imaging color balance.

"Auto" can't be changed as your post suggests. The camera will simply do it's best to "balance" the color. All the other settings are to set a manual deviation away from the normal preset "white balance".

"White Balance" means that the camera will always try to adjust itself so that white looks pure neutral white without any other unwanted color tinge. That is what the auto setting will strive for.

If you take a look at the RGB color chart you posted above you'll notice that the hexagon in the exact center of the chart is pure white. That's the "white point", the place of correct "white balance". You can see that each adjacent hexagonal chip away from the center is slightly more tinged with the pure RGB color you are moving towards within the chart.

Mobius_006.jpg

Last edited:
Back