Zerk

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Dash Cam
Gitup Git 1, Git 2, Sjcam Sj4000 wifi,
Hi all!
I have a problem with one of mine Git1´s, Firmware 1.3
When i use the Carlicensenum text file for custom user text it freezes the recording once i press the shutter button.
I have to restart the camera and i have tried to capture a photo and it went with out any problems.
I have tested 3 different micro sd cards and it does the same. Freezes in video capture..
I removed the customtext file and even though the problem remains.

Today i reloaded the firmware 1.3 and the issue still existed, so i reloaded it with 1.4 beta and then now i could use the videmode without problems.
So i loaded the camera with 1.3 firmware and tested again and now it works BUT!
Once i put in the carlicensenum file ( i use the exact same text file in another camera without any problems and with text stamp in recordings) then it started to freeze again once i try to shoot a recording.

WTF is the problem??? Why can my other git1 load the text file and record but not the other one??? What shall i do? Some memory error in the mainboard where the customtext is loaded??

i would just stick with the 1.4 firmware. yes, it's beta, but nobody has reported any real bugs in it, so i see no reason NOT to use it.

unless @gitup says otherwise...

Yeah the same error occur with the beta 1.4 firmware running.:mad:

With firmware 1.3 and CarLicenseNum it frezee in record mode even if i deleted the CarLicenseNum file. So I loaded the firmware 1.3 again and The problem still occured. When i loaded beta 1.4 i could start the recording but if i once again load CarLicenseNum the problem still exist, doesnt matter wich firmware i use, The camera cant load CarLicenseNum.. It freezes in record mode. And as i said the CarLicenseNum file is not the problem.

what is the text you're actually entering?

exploits_of_a_mom.png

:D

Hahah! I will post it when im back at home, as i said the same CarLicenseNum file is applied in my other cameras and they work just fine with the text stamp so =)
I will try load the text file with another micro sd card from beginning with new load of firmware, i have tried with 3 different micro sd cards while the problem occured. Running SanDisk ultra 16gb now, will test with Kingston

Hahah! I will post it when im back at home, as i said the same CarLicenseNum file is applied in my other cameras and they work just fine with the text stamp so =)
I will try load the text file with another micro sd card from beginning with new load of firmware, i have tried with 3 different micro sd cards while the problem occured. Running SanDisk ultra 16gb now, will test with Kingston

the data you are entering is more relevant than the memory card you are using

CarLicenseNum.txt
Show_Car_License_Number:On
Set_Car_License_Number:ASEC 16 0010

The carlicense file is directly copied from gitup´s own forum and the exact same file is been used in other git1´s without a problem, were the 0010 is changed for example 0009, 0011, etc.

Yeah for sure the "code" is more relevant then the memory card, but im sure the code is correct, and have no other solution. So what could be the problem?

It has no issues otherwise, only when you add the text you have problems, is that correct?

Exactly, when i put in the .txt file and load it, it freezes direcly in record mode.
The camera is running as a dashcam, and it all began when the camera maked a long beep and shut it self down within a second or two when it was supposed to startup.
I thought it might be a glatch in the battery so i took it out and put it in again and once it and rebooted the camera it run ok for 2-3 hours and after a while this problem with custom text stamp problem started to occur, the screen freezes... Now the camera it self runs normal as long as i dont load the custom text file and thats because i switched firmware several of times. The problem still occured directly when i re-installed the firmware 1.3, so i installed the firmware 1.4 beta, now then i could atleast run the camera in record mode, so i re-installed back to firmware 1.3 once again and it runs OK without custom text stamp... So for me it seemed like the beta 1.4 firmware erased the "carlicensenum" file from the cameras memory but the 1.3 did not.

as a test can you reflash the firmware and set a text stamp of '1234' and see if it still crashes

as a test can you reflash the firmware and set a text stamp of '1234' and see if it still crashes

I just tested your suggestion, 12345 in script as a text and even that wont work. Used the same Carlicense file i used for 2 git1´s 10 mins earlier and their text stamp works great but in this fu...ng camera nothing wont work..

I reflashed the firmware to beta 1.4, and when i put the carlicensefile in and load it, it freezes directly in recording mode, so i put "Off" instead of "On" in the script, so now it works recording without freezing. And now i loaded back to firmware 1.3 and run it without carlicensefile . Atleast i figured it out that maybe i can skip reflash firmware if i put OFF in script and it worked, its like it erases the script from the camera.
@jokiin @gitup any suggestions? It seems to be a hardware fault, probably in the cameras main memory where the carlicensescript is saved? Dunno? What shall i do?

if it won't work when you add the car license file it's most likely a RAM problem, the text is injected in the video real time on a frame by frame basis so it's injecting the text 30 times per second, its a bit memory intense as you might imagine, go without the OSD text and it will likely continue to work just fine

if it won't work when you add the car license file it's most likely a RAM problem, the text is injected in the video real time on a frame by frame basis so it's injecting the text 30 times per second, its a bit memory intense as you might imagine, go without the OSD text and it will likely continue to work just fine

Yeah i thought so also, the problem is that it "resets" it self after 1-2 days of use, where it looses time and date, and all settings which were why i once again checked the camera today, after complaints from the driver who uses the car. I adjusted the settings back to dashcam mode and tested the custom text file once again with your suggestion without any luck. So probably ram and inside battery fault, might be some more hardware thats not functional. Will contact the seller and change the camera through garanty.

Yes it is most likely a hardware fault, it does happen unfortunately, I think you've checked what you can on your end at least

Well, unfortunately there is same problem now with another Git1 camera, cant make video recordings unless i set the carlicense stamp to OFF... Really annoying....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
xmyladylostx Git1 11
T Git1 7
M Git1 8
M Git1 4
ljw2k Git1 11
Back