Problems with warranty service?

jhigs

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone else had issues with warranty?

I received my B2M for Christmas 2021 and installed it on my Indian about a month later. All was fine until mid-summer when the system stopped working. After some diagnostics I found that a diode in the power harness shorted causing the power supply board to pop a resistor.
I requested a warranty replacement through the US customer service email and after a few miscommunications I paid the $10 shipping fee for the replacement part on Dec 20, 2022. It's now February 2023 and I have been unable to get a response from customer service about the status of the replacement power harness.

My riding buddies all wanted the same system, but after seeing me left with a $200+ dead camera system they're changing their minds.

I requested a warranty replacement through the US customer service email
Please tell me your email address, I will ask my vendor to help you out!

I also have a problem with enforcing the warranty, or rather the refund. In February I bought an A12 and in April the camera was damaged and liquid got into it. I was forced to send the damaged device back to China and pay £25 for shipping. The new one arrived in mid-May and in August the fault occurred again - the same. Definitely bad construction and the device is not tight. I asked them to send me the device without accessories because I didn't want to pay £25 again and this time they could mount it under the seat, even though I wouldn't have access to the display. They still want me to send back the damaged element of this set.
If I have to pay 25 pounds again, which in total will be half the price of the new set, they expect that it will be as described and expected and I want to have it, but who will guarantee me that in 3 months the failure will not repeat itself and I will not have to incur further costs?
They also do not agree to returns and refunds, and according to the regulations in the UK I have the right to do so.
Buying a more expensive set from another company, but in the UK, would be much cheaper.

I also have a problem with enforcing the warranty, or rather the refund. In February I bought an A12 and in April the camera was damaged and liquid got into it. I was forced to send the damaged device back to China and pay £25 for shipping. The new one arrived in mid-May and in August the fault occurred again - the same. Definitely bad construction and the device is not tight. I asked them to send me the device without accessories because I didn't want to pay £25 again and this time they could mount it under the seat, even though I wouldn't have access to the display. They still want me to send back the damaged element of this set.
If I have to pay 25 pounds again, which in total will be half the price of the new set, they expect that it will be as described and expected and I want to have it, but who will guarantee me that in 3 months the failure will not repeat itself and I will not have to incur further costs?
They also do not agree to returns and refunds, and according to the regulations in the UK I have the right to do so.
Buying a more expensive set from another company, but in the UK, would be much cheaper.
Local warranty or not? If it's bought from china then you aren't entitled to the same protections as you would from buying from a local reseller.

I'd probably just go for a more reliable brand with after sales and firmware support. Viofo comes highly recommended, so have a look into their products

Local warranty or not? If it's bought from china then you aren't entitled to the same protections as you would from buying from a local reseller.

I'd probably just go for a more reliable brand with after sales and firmware support. Viofo comes highly recommended, so have a look into their products
In "Buyer Protection" you can find:

For certain countries​

The seller must comply with other relevant legal requirements (warranty, return, etc.) that may be applicable depending on your location as buyer.
For instance, in most EU countries you will generally have a 2-year legal conformity warranty and a 14-day right to return (Please note that in case of return, the buyer must bear the cost of returning the products to the seller).
In Brazil, you will generally have a 30-day (non-durable goods) or 90-day (durable goods) legal conformity warranty. Additionally, you will have a 7-day right of regret as outlined in the Brazilian consumer legislation.(Please note that special items such as prohibited items on AliExpress, underwear, socks, food, batteries, customized items are not applicable to the return policy.)

Under British law, I can withdraw from the contract and demand a return and reimbursement of incurred costs if the device does not work as described and the defect cannot be removed.

In "Buyer Protection" you can find:

Under British law, I can withdraw from the contract and demand a return and reimbursement of incurred costs if the device does not work as described and the defect cannot be removed.
If the seller is operating locally.

If you bought off e.g. AliExpress different story you're not covered.

Back