Purchased DA205 - REVIEW (Negative)

I don't understand how you all cannot hear it. I can play it on any players, including my cell phone and even the dashcam itself. More apparent on the computer tho. I use headphones.

Here is another example I took today. It is apparent that the charger is at fault.

I hear it now. Can you try the camera with the charger in a different car? It's possible that the charger is picking up some electrical interference. Trying in another car would help confirm whether it the actual adapter or not.

All that background noise when recording with battery power in a silent environment isn't normal either.

I hear it now. Can you try the camera with the charger in a different car? It's possible that the charger is picking up some electrical interference. Trying in another car would help confirm whether it the actual adapter or not.
I can try the charger in a different car on Sunday

I also have a booster pack that has a 12volt so I'll try that outside the car and see. I can try that today

Do any of your old dash cameras run on 5v with miniUSB connector? If so, you could try one of those with the 205.

THIS IS INTERESTING..

So I spent a while doing some tests and have come to the conclusion that both the DAB205 and the DEXORS X7 have VERY similar chargers (angle) and produce the same sound. The DAB is VERY noticeable in my test video and in the DEXORS X7 it is there but not AS loud but still can hear it in that charger. In the HP on the other hand (straight), you can NOT hear that sound at all..

Doing the exact same tests with then the BOOSTER pack running the chargers rather than the car produced pretty much no change in sound between the CAR 12Volt and the Booster pack 12Volt.

So whatever the case may be, it appears that the chargers that are used for the DEXORS and the DAB205 is pretty much the same as they produce the same however the DAB205 is MUCH MUCH louder. The problem is that I cannot use the HP charger because it's being sold, to someone and plus #2 the connection is OPPOSITE. It still has the 90degree bend in the connector however it plugs in the OPPOSITE SIDE towards the LEFT side of the camera so that the wire runs along the left side which means it cannot be plugged it with the mount in place since the mount is in the way.

I also replaced the chip with a 16 GIG and had absolutely NO change in the results and so I didn't include in compiled video.

CHARGER SPECS:

DAB205 - 5V 1.5amp (angle)
DEXORS - 5V 1.5amp (angle)
HP F210 - 5V 1amp (Straight)

Perhaps the issue is the extra .05 amp??

CHARGER SPECS:

DAB205 - 5V 1.5amp (angle)
DEXORS - 5V 1.5amp (angle)
HP F210 - 5V 1amp (Straight)

Perhaps the issue is the extra .05 amp??

charger design will be the issue, not the output current, a lot of chargers aren't sheilded very well

Louder means mic is more sensitive and picks up more noise.
Replacing charger will help.
You can even use USB dongle.

charger design will be the issue, not the output current, a lot of chargers aren't sheilded very well
I don't think that is the case here. The audio of the surroundings do not increase in volume, only the appearance if this loud [whatever you wat to call it].. Crickets.. Marshland sound... LOL..

USB Dongle? I'm not sure what a USB dongle will do as far as supplying power to the camera?

Thanks

Louder means mic is more sensitive and picks up more noise.
Usually that noise isn't being captured by the mic, it's been electrically induced in the audio stream.

Last edited:
The audio of the surroundings do not increase in volume, only the appearance if this loud [whatever you wat to call it]
White noise. ;)

USB Dongle? I'm not sure what a USB dongle will do as far as supplying power to the camera?

Thanks
I think he meant USB Powerpack. Anyway, the general idea is to try with a "clean" 5v power supply to avoid any possibility of electrical interference.

Just another thought: have you tried to record with the audio muted (or mic off) to see it the background noise is still there?

White noise. ;)

I think he meant USB Powerpack. Anyway, the general idea is to try with a "clean" 5v power supply to avoid any possibility of electrical interference.

Just another thought: have you tried to record with the audio muted (or mic off) to see it the background noise is still there?

Ah Now I didn't think of that. I will try that tomorrow. Thanks.

OK. I just went to the car and tried what you said..

Conclusion:

With the MUTE ON, there is NO SOUND whatsoever.. literally MUTE.

Ok, taking into account the recording you did with the HP's power adapter, which was the one with the less amount of noise, the interference caused by the power supply is being picked up directly by the mic. Now all you have left to do is try with a powerbank or other non-converted 5V power source.

As posted in my previous video. The camera when powered by the fully charged internal battery produces no sound.

Back