Putting together a two camera package

Number400

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Panorama S/CF-100/BulletHD Biker Mate
I currently have a Blacksys two channel dashcam and am pretty happy with it except for not being able to easily use the rear camera footage outside of the player that came with the camera.

I am ready to spend a few bucks on a new setup and am leaning towards the following:
2 - PanoramaIIs cameras
1 - Power Magic Pro Plus 2 channel box (I am currently using a single and it works great)
2 - 32GB class 10 SD cards (I currently use Sandisk)

Can I do better than this around the $550 price range? I don't really like the bulk of these cameras, especially in the rear but want the same quality front and back.

Many thanks for any opinions and experiences.

Ed

That's probably the best you're going to get

Vicovation is releasing the Marcus 5 soon and would be worth a look. I would also think you could reduce the rear camera to a Mobius. While the Panorama is a great camera, I would think it's size would be too much in the back window and the Mobius is a great camera.

Panorama isn't too big if you DIY a bit.

Example:

32Yy0VOl.jpg

You can also get a more flexible 360 degree ball socket mount.

3M adhesive is shortest.

53ae3d6a21408_336922b.jpg

http://roadcam.ecrater.com/p/20173355/roadcam-rcpano2s360-suction-cup-3m

I did go with this package and am pleased. The camera is a bit large for the rear but I have not been tailgated since installing it. I might do the mount mod to raise the camera back there a bit. The size may be a good thing as I have had a few drivers get on my tail then suddenly ease off :)

Back