Question About Files Missing Or Being Locked When I didn't Lock Them

DashCamOnBoard

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I just installed a new SG9665GC this week and have been using Registrator Viewer to watch the videos. I have the dash cam hard wired to the fuse box so that it's always powered on continuously, even when the key is out of the ignition. I've been noticing that there are chunks of footage that Registrator Viewer is showing as locked even though I never hit the round button. This has occurred each day for the last 2-3 days.

Today, during the drive home from work, there's about a 40 minute clip of video missing. I have one other video segment from today where the timestamp shows 07/01/2015 16:06:52 but then suddenly changes to 07/01/2015 06:54:33 while the video is playing. My job has a parking garage and I suspect that It prolly loses the GPS signal. But even if the GPS signal is lost, shouldn't the camera still keep going with the last known timestamp?

Has anyone else had something similar happen, or could there be a setting I have adjusted wrong? The part that's missing includes when I pulled out of the parking garage. The recording starts back up again about 5 minutes after I pulled out of the parking garage and got going. The last 2 days I wasn't having anything like this and it was working fine.

I've noticed that starting the car always wakes up the screen, even though the dash cam is already on and recording. And it seems like the manual online isn't updated? Also, I'm missing file 2015_0701_164240_391.mov from today's drive, but 2015_0701_164240_390.mov and 2015_0701_164240_392.mov (and the others before and after it in sequence) are all there.

which firmware version are you on now?

which memory card are you using also?

motion detect on or off?

what do you have got set for G-Sensor?

The firmware is SG20150526.002.
I'm using the included 32 Gb Transcend card.

And funny thing just happened just now. While having it plugged into the computer's USB, I went into the menu to lookup the firmware. To get out of that screen, I pressed the large round button in the middle. Now I have the yellow triangle icon on the display even though it's not recording. And, now when I hit the menu button to look up those other 2 settings, it does nothing.

So I've pulled out mini-USB cord going to the computer and plugged it back in. The SG9665GC re-booted and now I can get back into the menu and there's no more yellow triangle.

The menu setting called Motion Detection is set to Off.
The menu setting called GSENSOR is set to Low Sensitivity.

And, I've noticed that the manual doesn't explain the prompts you get when you plug it into one of your computer USB ports.

you shouldn't plug it into your PC, those prompts will be removed soon, they shouldn't actually be in this firmware, that's a mistake

can you reinstall the previous firmware http://www.mediafire.com/download/l39ilbglznqisaw/SG9665GC_Firmware_release_version.rar there's a couple of file handling bugs I think in the version you have now, we're working on that at the moment, if you can give this version a go and let us know how you get on

I don't really recommend running cameras 24/7 continuously either, if nothing else it's a memory card killer

We shouldn't plug it into the PC, ever? So we have to remove the card everytime we wanna read files? Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a slot in the fuse box that will work other than the ones that are always powered on.

We shouldn't plug it into the PC, ever? So we have to remove the card everytime we wanna read files?

correct, the USB port doesn't supply enough power to correctly run the camera, that's why we always include card readers with the cameras

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a slot in the fuse box that will work other than the ones that are always powered on.

every car has accessory switched circuits, some cars have more than one fuse box though

I don't really recommend running cameras 24/7 continuously either, if nothing else it's a memory card killer

What's the life expectancy of an SD card that's constantly being written to? Assuming I format the card once every fortnight or so.

What's the life expectancy of an SD card that's constantly being written to? Assuming I format the card once every fortnight or so.

Different memory cards have different life expectancy which are measured in cycles and can be foudn from manufacturers website or specs. Every formatring of mamory card no matter how much you use it is a one cycle, but your readiness of formatting twice per month is what most Korean dashcam manufacturers recommend, but again, - it all depends on how often do you drive, how many hours per day total recording etc. If no parking recording is used and you drive only 30min per day, then can format even once per 1-2 month.

if you were running it 24/7 I'd expect it is going to fail much sooner than the average use that might be an hour a day

The Cell Power CPUSB01 is designed to monitor the battery voltage and shut itself off at 11.6 volts to protect the battery from being overdrained. But if it's not a good idea to leave the dashcam running 24/7, then is there any need for this functionality? The CPUSB01 is more expensive than other hardwire kits. But if you're going to setup the dashcam to only be on when the ignition is turned, then you wouldn't need the extra functionality of the CPUSB01 compared to other cheaper hardwire kits, no?

the problem we found with a lot of the cheaper power wire kits is the power supply is not stable, the camera needs good stable 5v with minimum of 1amp, a lot of the cheap ones can't do that reliably, for us it's more about the power supply than it is the voltage cutoff

Back