kiwi

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
DVR-207
Hey guys,

Looking to upgrade from my DVR-207, quick question;

I drive a car with VERY stiff suspension, meaning it can get abit bumpy on rough surfaces.

My DVR-207 handles them quite well, just curious at peoples opinions on the G1W. How does it handle, I was hoping for it to be abit more smaller, that way it doesnt shake or wobble.

Basically, my DVr207 handles pretty well, what would the G1W be like?

I have not tried my G1W in my Z/28 yet, but the mount can feel a little loose at times, and i have had it fall off the mount once, but that might have been because i did not have it in all the way.

It's been a good camera to me, but if you are concerned i'd consider replacing the mount.
I think, but am not %100 certain this will fit.

indeed one of the the original mount of g1w is not very good with bumpy roads or curvy roads, the g1w it may fall off...

but there are different mounts i got delivered with my g1w's....one contains of multiple joints/parts and each of them can be turned or adjusted, these parts can come off easily on curvy roads... i fixed this by applying a bit of tape to the critical joints that were coming off

another mount that came with the g1w does not have these joints and is no problem at all

so it depends on your luck which mount is delievered with the g1w.... but even the "bad" mount can be fixed easily with a little tape or wire, no big deal
compared to dvr 207 mounts i find all g1w mounts better, because you can adjust more and the final part is not a unflexible plastic screw...as far as i know, my 207 was apparently i fake :D

I've gotten the G1W from estore099, 52USD. Great stuff, the mount came with the camera is tight.
uploaded a clip when moving on street. My car got stiff suspensions too.

Thanks Jeuda, I ordered mine yesterday. Your clip looks great, the exact quality and smoothness i'm looking for. Thanks for the upload, any chance for some day recordings?

indeed one of the the original mount of g1w is not very good with bumpy roads or curvy roads, the g1w it may fall off...

but there are different mounts i got delivered with my g1w's....one contains of multiple joints/parts and each of them can be turned or adjusted, these parts can come off easily on curvy roads... i fixed this by applying a bit of tape to the critical joints that were coming off

another mount that came with the g1w does not have these joints and is no problem at all

so it depends on your luck which mount is delievered with the g1w.... but even the "bad" mount can be fixed easily with a little tape or wire, no big deal
compared to dvr 207 mounts i find all g1w mounts better, because you can adjust more and the final part is not a unflexible plastic screw...as far as i know, my 207 was apparently i fake :D
Can you show me via some pictures or where you put the tape? i've got quite abit of bumpyness at times. Looking to try and fix the problem. Mount seems tight and secure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S G1WX 2
S G1WX 15
G G1WX 5
K G1WX 9
L G1WX 2
Back