Questions about G1W and G1WH (problem with 64GB card)

Makke

Reaction score
Country
Finland
  • Does both cameras support 64GB SDXC cards?
  • What is recording time for 32GB and 64GB?
  • Has anyone install these cameras to record inside of cabin?
  • What is quality then?
  • How much is rated current? (If I install to continuous power and record)
  • How long is power cable?
  • Is there mount with 3M sticker (or only suction mount?)
  • Can LCD screen been off all time?
  • Is there any of lights on when camera is on and recording? (If I install to windscreen and recording inside cabin (LCD pointing windscreen) so there wouldn't be any reflection from windscreen)
  • What is diameters of lens?
G1W
MIUL0Zy.jpg

G1WH
8yX4UKL.jpg

I used a modded G1W for recording in cabin. It's quite good for that with WDR on. There is a light on the screen side but it's tiny and virtually invisible. Screen can be set to turn off automatically after a certain delay via menu after which it stays off until the cam is powered off or you press some button on it.

G1WH would be better for cabin recording because you really need a wide FOV there.

G1WH, length of your red stripes from center, are approx 10mm, 2mm, 3mm. Total diameter 30mm.

I used a modded G1W for recording in cabin. It's quite good for that with WDR on. There is a light on the screen side but it's tiny and virtually invisible. Screen can be set to turn off automatically after a certain delay via menu after which it stays off until the cam is powered off or you press some button on it.

G1WH would be better for cabin recording because you really need a wide FOV there.

G1WH, length of your red stripes from center, are approx 10mm, 2mm, 3mm. Total diameter 30mm.

Thank you both!

I was thinking that if I put some kind of wide lens to camera... Something like this:

Zeikos_ZE-WA67B_67mm_0.45X_Wide_Angle_Lens_for_Camcorders_and_Digital_Cameras_%28Black%29.jpg

G1W records at 11878.2 kbps (1450.0 kbyte/s), 1 minute takes up 96550820 bytes or 92.1 megabytes of storage space.

Last edited:
Thank you for uploading video sample! Nice quality! Are those tinted glasses?

Are G1W lens diameters same than G1WH?

Thank you. Glasses are clear, a little bit dirty though. Sorry, I don't know about G1WH dimensions - I put a lens similar to G1WH's into a G1W to increase its FOV.

• So G1W supports 64GB SD card? Or even 128GB? Of course card has to be format to FAT32...
  • How long is power cable?

It depends on the Version of the camera and the SD Card brand.
But i dont think someone tested a 128Gb card before :)

Does both cameras support 64GB SDXC cards?
Not officially the card will need to be formated with a program in a PC to work correctly in a G1W.

What is recording time for 32GB and 64GB?
15MB version
32GB is 4.9 hours/64GB is 9.7 hours
12MB version
32GB is 6.1/64GB is 12.1 hours

Is there mount with 3M sticker?
I have used a 3m stick mount from a VicoVation WF1 on my non H G1W and seem to remember it worked okay so i am sure you could get a stick mount that would work or the new position able rear view mirror mount might hang low enough to face the other way.

Can LCD screen been off all time?
3 mins after start up is the lowest setting on the Non H G1W

Is there any of lights on when camera is on and recording?
There are a red and blue light in a small hole in the top screen side I believe Red is on all the time and Blue shows when charging the battery.

The G1W supports only up to 32Gb. Some users had luck with their 64Gb Card but there is no guarantee on that :3

I was able to get my G1W to work with SXDC 64 GB card. It works most of the time, but once in a while, the G1W will hang during recording, and will not power down even when power is cut off. What I would do is to reset the unit. The last file it was writing when it hanged will be corrupted though. The G1W is able to fill up the full card, and was formatted using the G1W in exFAT.
Never had such problems with 32GB.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S G1WX 2
S G1WX 15
MordyT G1WX 3
N G1WX 20
C G1WX 6
Back