Quick DVR-027 questions

e32revelry

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got the DVR-027 and have some basic questions.
1. The radio now has interference. Is it just a simple replacement of the power cord?
2. It didn't come with a card, so I used a card that I had from an old camera. What happens when the card is full? Does it just re-cord over the oldest videos?
3. How do you turn off the microphone?
4. What time intervals do you set yours? 2 minutes? 5 minutes?

I'll try to answer your questions:

1. This has worked for some people, but not all. Contact the seller for their recommendation
2. This has loop recording. When the card is full it will record over the oldest video
3. There is a menu setting for Audio (on/off)
4. Personal preference, I like shorter clips but if there are gaps, longer clips in this camera can minimize it

It is not loop recording. Since I was traveling for the first time with it, I looked at some videos and it was from 4 days ago and hadn't recorded anything since. I went and bought a new card and while it recorded the next hour or so, it stopped and didn't record the end of my trip. What gives?

I know this may be a dumb question but sometimes people miss it; did you reformat the card using the DVR-027? It should have the ability to reformat the card itself as apposed to using a windows/mac/android platform.

There may also be an option to turn on/off the cyclic recording.

worst case, you got ripped off on a basic web cam...

Thanks, but when I got a new card, it only recorded a few things in a row and didn't record me pulling into my driveway (the end of my trip)

That's interesting. I've had my GoPro do that to me a few times as well out on track days. It didn't record or save the last few minutes/seconds before I hit the stop button.

My only recommendation to you at the moment would be to experiment a couple times with it if you haven't done so already. Attempting different settings and whatnot, to see if it's not a software issue. That's what ultimately fixed my Hero.

EDIT: You may also want to try and email who you bought it from and get an updated Firmware or the most recent firmware for the camera. There's always the possibility of a slight glitch that could be fixed by just rewriting with the original Firmware coding.

Well, just got back from over a 2000 mile trip and am very disappointed with this dash cam. It would record at times and would just freeze at other times. Sometimes it recorded 2 minute clips for a couple of hours and other times it would record only one two minute clip then freeze up. I would have to power down and power up for it to work again. I'd be driving along and look at the screen and while it looked like it was recording, it was actually frozen and was showing a still from earlier. I'm going to email the seller, and let you know.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L DVR-XX7 15
S DVR-XX7 5
M DVR-XX7 16
Back