R300 Will stop recording but stays powered on

fritomnky362

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking for a little help here hopefully i can figure something out from you guys. I had one of these before and I updated the firmware, before reading not to do that! Thats not my problem though, I bought another one because the first one was working really well before I bricked mine. This one works, but it will randomly stop recording at times, stay powered on, then record again. Reallllllyyyy hoping i can get some help with this without having to try and get another one LOL.

motion detect on or off?

what memory card are you using?
I've used both a class 4 and class 10 memory card, and this particular device doesn't have motion detection

can you list the menu options you have and their current settings
we have record mode, with channels 1 & 2, channel 1, or channel 2, selected to first option
time set up, with time set
Format, which has been done both by the software program in the computer, and formatting when inserted in unit
tv out selected at ntsc
beep, on
audio record on
language, english
lcd default on
g sensor sensitivity, normal with low norma high and disable options
frequency, 50 or 60 hz have tried both settings and still get same issue
vibration detection on
then default setting which resets all....

I also just tried something today on a whim, and unplugged it from power cord, and walked around with it in my pocket, and it didnt stop recording, but there is no way i could just run all day with it unplugged because it'd die, i have it in my truck at work. I only let it run for around 5 mins or so, where i've had some videos record as long as 7-10 minutes before beeping at me, then stopping recording, then start recording again.

Weird. I had the exact same model only a few weeks ago and didn't have that problem. I'll give it a go tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks

So last night, the device seems to have reset itself, as the date and time was back at jan 1,and it seems to be working normally again!

Back