Racerender is now compatible with the 0801 Windows/Mac

RichardL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
SJ5000
Hi,
I have been in conversation with the developers of RaceRender (http://racerender.com/RR3/Download.html) re the Mini 0801 file format.

Its a different tool to the excellent Earthshine Dashcamviewer (http://earthshinesw.com) & serves a slightly different purpose.

RaceRender allows overlay of the data - speed, g-force, track view etc and output of a finished video - the new version allows update of .mov and corresponding .gps files directly and understands the Mini0801 file formats - I just tried a quick test - literally opened a couple of files and the default page layout thus:

Race+Render+Screen+Shot+2014-03-07+at+08.26.50.jpg

Focused more on track days/racing, but also a good option for creating sequences of film with data overlay.

Worth looking into - runs on Windows & Mac

Hope thats useful.
Good responsive developer too!

One more note;
The accelerometer data didn't look useful, even after I calibrated my camera, so the G-Force meter is actually deriving its values from the GPS positional information - it does this by default, you just load up the .gps file.

The accelerometer data is available on the data mapping screen under the DataX, Y, Z labels if you want to make use of it.

Good to see, I looked into the software a year or so ago maybe, I can see it being useful to some

I recommend partnering with firms like Earthshine/Racerender - potentially you don't need to create in house software at all and customers move both ways hardware->software, software->hardware

With Earthshine on the standard black box camera end, and racerender for track days/racing end you have a much more complete package.

Realise it adds risk too since you rely on them

we're already partnering with Earthshine, I would like to see if our cameras work with Racerender though and get them working with it if not

Cool;

RR3 working fine -

Not sure about the accelerometer data direct - possibly some sort of calibration issue there on the hardware - the numbers seem to randomly bounce around - on my camera anyway.

Looks really nice. Something to scare the wife with as I slowly turn into Data Geek :)

Tried this yesterday on my Macbook Air but all the videos recorded via 0801 were black screens in RaceRender. GoPro footage was fine and the 0801 footage was working elsewhere, just not in RaceRender.

this is interesting! Saving the links for my wireless card mod. this could be useful :D

Tried this yesterday on my Macbook Air but all the videos recorded via 0801 were black screens in RaceRender. GoPro footage was fine and the 0801 footage was working elsewhere, just not in RaceRender.

Make sure you load the video first & the video item in the composite list on the right is at the front, and configured to be full screen.

FWIW - I was running full HD 1920x1080 native from the camera not modified in any way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Mini 0801 39