Radio Interference

ghines

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119S
Hi all,

I recently purchase a Mini 0803 from foxoffer and it's working great except I get a buzzing interference noise when listening to AM radio.

In an effort to track the source I powered the camera via a USB battery power pack instead of the cigarette lighter adapter. No interference via the USB battery pack. Plug back in the cigarette lighter adapter and the noise comes straight back.

Anybody else had this problem and if so how did you solve it?

TIA

Greg

I was using something like the Scosche USBC242M car charger and then just have a USB cable plugged into that which powers the cameras. AM radio is much better that way for sure!

it's just the cheap car chargers that are supplied don't have great noise suppression which causes problems for your AM stations.

I was using something like the Scosche USBC242M car charger and then just have a USB cable plugged into that which powers the cameras. AM radio is much better that way for sure!

it's just the cheap car chargers that are supplied don't have great noise suppression which causes problems for your AM stations.
Thanks for the suggestion. Have just ordered a Scosche, however will take a while to get to Australia from the UK.

I suggest attention to the location of the dash cam, gps antenna and cables with respect to your radio antenna. I had a dash cam on the rear window close to the antenna integraded with the glass. Reception was gone.

I have the same camera from foxoffer, also purchased the hardwire kit they sell to have instalation on the 2 cars, and I have severe interference on FM stations below 100Mhz on both cars. Near no stations received and hissing noise is present. I survive playing CDs, but it's not a solution.

The hard wire kit is this one (to prevent you to buy it, don't say you haven't be advised):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351246362460
I get interferences as soon as the camera is plugged with the hardwire kit and powers on. I have purchased with no many confidence a ferrite items that a mate said on one post arround here, but until they arrive I can not try, also he said that some interference remains. Are this ones: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191196610159
I don't know if the problem is the wire, the camera ifself or the small box converter... but is still there

Talking with the foxoffer "support" they offered a change of the hardwire kits, but asked if they will sent the same model, they say "no", but the image they sent to me is the same of the ebay link and exactly the same items I have installed.

If there any possible (cheap) modification on the mainboard of the converter? (if the problem is there, of course)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Mini 0803 10
David106 Mini 0803 15
Back