Raw files

Tokra

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Why is this happening ?

so I tested script and raw files at home, it all worked.. got to the place where I wanted to test timelapse with raw files.. clicked one picture and it was all ok.. mounted camera, started TL with 30 sec.. after it was done, got home, and I got 13mb raw files that I cant do anything with them and raw2dng says its unsupported format

Attachments

• this.jpg
    this.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 36
Tested it again.. as long as I press button on camera to take pictures, raw files are OK.. as soon as I connect my iPhone and select timelapse and start it.. all raw files are 13mb and I cant use them .. anyone.. any idea ?

I was just about to ask the same thing, does anyone know a solution to this problem? I'm using firmware 1.2.6, maybe I should downgrade and see if it's a new problem or not..

Maybe in the mean time I could use autoexec.ash to create a loop which takes photos in intervals, maybe that would create "normal" 30MB+ raw files. I just wish i could change from video to timelapse without the need connect Yi to computer and edit autoexec..

good to know that I am not the only one.. bad thing.. no one is answering :(

got yimax-autoexec-1-2-0
and its the same
as soon as I connect to my camera via iPhone raw files are 13mb and thats it
doesnt matter if I start it in phone or on camera, files are the same

I had the same problem, I did a factory reset and it worked from the scripts.

factory reset didnt help.. still the same thing

maybe I am doing something wrong.. I dont know what to do.. its frustrating :mad:

Try raw-lapse-v2-autoexec, just the bellow in your autoexec.ash nothing else

sleep 7
t ia2 -ae still_shutter 1
sleep 1
#RAW+JPG
t app test debug_dump 14
sleep 1
#MAIN LOOP thanx VOTerra
while true
do
t app key shutter
sleep 16
done

ok.. great ! That one is working, but I only guess because of loop and that I dont have to connect to camera in any way ! but thats OK :)
I removed :
t ia2 -ae still_shutter 1
sleep 1

because it set shutter at some value and I dont need that
still works :)

I did also put : sleep 16 -> sleep 10

still works :) do you know maybe how low I can go or is it ok to test it and see ? I guess there is only limit in how fast camera can write 30mb file to the card.. or am I wrong ?

also, do you know how to set lowest jpg quality ? while I have raw files, I dont need jpg

with fast sd card, the safe min sleep time can be :
Code:
sleep 5
need to test your own sd card speed by yourself

writeb 0xC0BC205B 0xA - would this give me jpg 10% ?
because this was 100% : writeb 0xC0BC205B 0x64

so I was thinking to put something like this :

sleep 7
#RAW+JPG
writeb 0xC0BC205B 0xA
t app test debug_dump 14
sleep 1
#MAIN LOOP thanx VOTerra
while true
do
t app key shutter
sleep 5
done

OR
do I use
t cal -jqlt 10

@Tokra have you tested
Code:
writeb 0xC0BC205B 0xA
or
writeb 0xC0BC205B 0x64
or
t cal -jqlt 10
makes diff or not?

I have selected timer photo in default mode, also without connecting to the camera, I have 13mb raw files (that are bad).
So the problem is related to the timer not the connection.

I dont know what the problem is or why, but I have 13MB files also.. but they only happen if I connect to my camera.. if I dont connect to camera, manually press shutter, then its all ok.. but no matter what I do, as soon as I connect, raw files are 13MB and cant use them

Try this, set default photo mode to Time Lapse, then disconnect from wifi, now, press the shutter, your Xiaomi start to collect photo in jpg and raw, but all the raw files are now 13mb.

yup.. I did try that.. but they are still 13MB and thats not good
I think I will give up on raw files.. I mean doing them that was.. because I wasted too much time and there is still no solution to this.. found that file, with loop, and that works.. not perfect.. but at least I get 30mb raw files

Back