Really enjoying the mini 2 so far.

Mvgratz

Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven’t really played with all the different recording quality settings so I’m not sure which is better. Hopefully the black covercraft dash may I have ordered will help kill some of my dash reflection in the videos. It’s the only real complaint I have so far.
How do I attach a video to my post in the forum?

You will have to put the video on some site like youtube, this / any forum can not handle the file sizes video have.

On youtube you can host the video in several ways from totally public to 2 different kinds of private

Dident the mini 2 come with a CPL filter ?

You will have to put the video on some site like youtube, this / any forum can not handle the file sizes video have.

On youtube you can host the video in several ways from totally public to 2 different kinds of private

Dident the mini 2 come with a CPL filter ?
Ahhh. Too much trouble for me to do right now since I don’t have an account or anything setup there.

No, has to be purchased separately and I was sure how much it would degrade night time video. Definitely don’t want to have to put one on and take it off constantly.

Ahhh. Too much trouble for me to do right now since I don’t have an account or anything setup there.

No, has to be purchased separately and I was sure how much it would degrade night time video. Definitely don’t want to have to put one on and take it off constantly.
I’ll just attach a screenshot from one of my videos. It’s not nearly as clear as the video is and I was running 65mph approximately, so it kinda blurs the trooper sitting in the picture trying to catch speeders. You can probably still see the dashboard reflecting though.

Yeah you have to register with google, so they can mine your personal info in exchange for free video hosting.
Kind of a drag but thats how it is for now.

Danish cops they will totally hide their ATK car ( automated Traffic kontrol ) and then put the small "sensor box at the road.

iu

They are too lazy to sit there with their laser gun they also have, but then cop cars here do not have the fancy radars US patrol cars have, so they can not measure your speed if they are driving, othat than be in a undercover car and then match your speed and videotape you.

BTW the sensors in the picture ( cameras + laser speed gun ) well i think they have newer smaller equipment.
And the ATK cars, well dont even have to be a cop that man it, i think a short course and you are good to go.

Normally that kit will be in the back window of a van.

iu

Danish cops they will totally hide their ATK car ( automated Traffic kontrol ) and then put the small "sensor box at the road.

iu

They are too lazy to sit there with their laser gun they also have, but then cop cars here do not have the fancy radars US patrol cars have, so they can not measure your speed if they are driving, othat than be in a undercover car and then match your speed and videotape you.

BTW the sensors in the picture ( cameras + laser speed gun ) well i think they have newer smaller equipment.
And the ATK cars, well dont even have to be a cop that man it, i think a short course and you are good to go.

Normally that kit will be in the back window of a van.

iu
The state troopers here use Ka band radar and do have laser. Most of them here use “instant on” (they just flick a switch and get your speed as you too a hill or round a corner). I own 2 of the better radar detectors on the current market (doesn’t help with laser but I’m not a big speeder so $3K for a good laser jammer isn’t happening). My Valentine one gen 2 or Uniden R8 usually let me know long before I see them or they clock me.

The state troopers here use Ka band radar and do have laser. Most of them here use “instant on” (they just flick a switch and get your speed as you too a hill or round a corner). I own 2 of the better radar detectors on the current market (doesn’t help with laser but I’m not a big speeder so $3K for a good laser jammer isn’t happening). My Valentine one gen 2 or Uniden R8 usually let me know long before I see them or they clock me.
I’ve yet to figure out how to edit a reply on the forum. That was supposed to read “top a hill or round a corner”….

On the bottom Left of your post you will see the edit button, press that and you can edit your post, even the #1 and so also the post name ASO

edit.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to meet a fellow southerner! It's been kinda hazy like that all week in Tennessee too.

The Mini 2 is my favorite dashcam on the market right now. For the money you can't go wrong.

Happy dashcamming!

Thanks for that information and link. After looking at the pictures and videos I think I’m going to order the CPL filter for mine and give it a try.
I have been using DVRs for a long time and have never removed the CPL filter at night.
The video is here on the forum in the topics A119v3 and Mini.

I have been using DVRs for a long time and have never removed the CPL filter at night.
The video is here on the forum in the topics A119v3 and Mini.
This is my first dash cam. I usually don’t keep my vehicles long enough to “accessorize” them. Since the interest rates are much higher now than when I purchased my 2021 I’m going to keep it for a few years and pray things start going back down (interest rates).

Thanks again for the replies and insight. I’m going to order a second mini 2 to stick on my rear window of the same vehicle. I’ll probably order the cpl filter at the same time for both camera’s.

This is my first dash cam. I usually don’t keep my vehicles long enough to “accessorize” them. Since the interest rates are much higher now than when I purchased my 2021 I’m going to keep it for a few years and pray things start going back down (interest rates).

Thanks again for the replies and insight. I’m going to order a second mini 2 to stick on my rear window of the same vehicle. I’ll probably order the cpl filter at the same time for both camera’s.
If the rear window is tinted, then the cpl filter is not needed. I have tinted glass on my rear window, WM1 is installed on it. There is a video in the WM1 theme. look how he shoots.

I do use CPL on rear cameras too if i can, to take away a little of the sky glare in cars behind me.
But its not like i will go thru hell and high water to get a CPL back there, i have a fairly relaxed take on the rear cameras, even if i generally recommend having 2 cameras.

No tint in my car anywhere

If the rear window is tinted, then the cpl filter is not needed. I have tinted glass on my rear window, WM1 is installed on it. There is a video in the WM1 theme. look how he shoots.
That’s good to know. All of my windows are tinted, but the rear window and back 2 windows are tinted pretty dark. Not limo tint, but dark enough that would be thieves can’t see inside.

CPL filters can cause problems with tinted windows, i can not recall the name for it, but you risk seeing a rainbow like side effect.

Back