Rear cam issue

Rickn55

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622 4k + rwc, 522, 322, 612 4K and 312 x2
Hi, I have a problem with the rear camera attachment on my 322, There is a line across the whole of the screen and footage. I have tried Formatting the SD Card, un attaching and re attaching the camera, it is running the latest firmware. So not sure what else to do..

Here is a picture of the issue

Attachments

• Screenshot (106).png
    Screenshot (106).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Could be totally wrong but looks like something has happened inside the rear view camera like sensor damage. If its not covered by waranty you might have to buy another!

Could be totally wrong but looks like something has happened inside the rear view camera like sensor damage. If its not covered by waranty you might have to buy another!
Yes looks that way. I've emailed Nextbase as their presence on here is non-existent these days and I must say I've been left a little underwhelmed by their customer support on this one, a wait of around 4-5 days per email response to only be told I've got to send it in for them to see what repair it needs and for them to let me know at my expense. I've had a 312, 612, 322, 522 and 622 Dashcams off Nextbase in the past and whenever I've had any issues they've always been spot on but seems they're not as willing these days to help out and just fob you off. I probably won't be buying another as I don't think they're worth the money unless you can get them heavily discounted.

seems theyve really dipped with the customer service. The only way i got the issues with my 522GW resolved was by phoning them, but mine was within waranty so you may have a different experience

seems theyve really dipped with the customer service. The only way i got the issues with my 522GW resolved was by phoning them, but mine was within waranty so you may have a different experience
Same here, on the 29th Oct I had a faulty 522GW right out of the box & it took a week before Nextbase deemed it to be faulty & I still haven't had a replacement unit.

Nextbase would have you believe that it's cheaper to buy direct from them but I've just looked at Argos & the prices are the same so if I'd bought it from Argos I could have taken it straight back & got it replaced there & then.

It doesn't take much for a brand to lose it's good reputation.

Last edited:
Back