Rear camera connection issues

Madster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The rear camera on my new install fails to connect. It's a 3 channel system but I've disconnected the interior camera until I can get the rear working. When the main camera turns on, it gives the voice announcement "recording 2 channels started". A second or two later a disconnecting message appears on screen followed by a second voice announcement "recording 1 channel started". This cycle then repeats. There is no onscreen image from the rear camera. I have tried updating/reinstalling the firmware several times. The front is successful every time, the rear is ignored every time. This with a Viofo 512GB sdcard, and a SanDisk 4GB card both formatted to FAT32. I have also done several resets to no avail.

I have contacted Viofo and they initially suggested the front/rear cable might have issues and they would send me a replacement. Being a little impatient I just bought a new one, but the results are the same.

They are now considering front camera replacement which is fine, I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had a similar issue and managed to get it working some how. A software glitch maybe?

Welcome to the club.
This sounds like a power starvation malfunction.
It sounds like the dash cam is only getting enough "current / amperage" to operate the front / main unit.
I have to ask;
1.) Are you using the original included Viofo USB Power Cable?
2.) Are you using the original included Viofo CLA Dual USB Charger?
3.) Are you using the Viofo Hardwire Kit?
-Chuck

Thanks for responding.
I have a HK4 hardwire kit installed with a PowerCore battery, but the results are the same with that or the supplied cigar socket USB adapter and supplied USB power cable.

I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had a similar issue and managed to get it working some how. A software glitch maybe?
No, this is very unusual, not a software issue. Very occasionally people have bad cables, or break the cable during install.

Was it just a new front to rear cable that you bought?

Pity you can't swap front and rear cameras on this model!

Yes. That was Viofo's first thought so they were going to send me a new one. I wanted to get it sorted so I purchased one from ViofoUk but still no good.

Back