Rear camera not working

karla

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My rear camera seems to be totally kaput. A d I'm also getting some battery warnings. I have it hard wired and don't use parking mode.
When I unplug and replug in the rear camera it doesn't 'sense' it and ask where I want to see the rear camera video stream (top left is what I usually choose).
Ive done a factory reset and ive updated the dashcam
im on version 22.5

Thanks.

Hello Karla,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your rear camera. I would recommend the following:

1. Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam. Then, without the SD card inserted, please plug in the rear camera. Then turn on the front camera. Does it now start normally? Can you now see the rear camera image?

2. Clean all of your rear camera connectors with an alcohol wipe to ensure that they're clean and free of debris.

3. Ensure the Rear Window Camera cable is fully inserted where the cables join- it should click when it's fully connected together.

4. Ensure you're using a suitable SD card. I'd recommend a Dash Cam compatible SD card, specifically designed for Dash Cam or CCTV usage. Using a dash cam compatible SD card instead should then allow your Dash Cam to function as designed. For guaranteed functionality and warranty, I'd suggest a Nextbase SD card.

6. You can re-format the card by two methods;

1) On the Dash Cam Itself
2) On a Computer

1) On the Dash Cam:
a) Turn on the Dash Cam
b) Stop it recording
c) Open Settings by pressing the MENU button twice
d) Scroll down and then click 'Format'
e) Follow the instructions.

2) On a Computer:
a) Plug the SD card into the SD card port, or plug the provided USB cable into the port on the top of the camera.
b) When the drive appears, right click on the drive.
c) Select 'Format' (Windows) or 'Erase' (Mac)
d) Do not click the 'Quick Format box'. Please ensure it's formatted as exFAt or FAT32.
e) Follow the instructions.

Please be aware that formatting the SD card will delete all the data on the card, so if you wish to keep any footage, please copy this across to a computer before you start the formatting process.

It's crucial to format the SD card every two weeks to avoid any SD card failures.

If you continue to have any issues, please contact our Support Team directly at support@nextbase.com or 02920 866 429 (UK).

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back