Rear Camera Seemingly Causing Interference With Key Fobs

Made an account just to add to this. I have the same dash cam. 2014 Lexus GS350. Dash cam on passenger side of the rear view mirror. Power coming from Driver’s side wire loom. Rear camera wires run down a pillar behind side curtain airbag down to the floor and in between carpet then back up rear seat to headliner to camera. I have issues with key fob range and delay if there is power to the camera. Doing research now to figure out how to resolve this.

I am going to look around and see if i can reroute away from the C pillar like OP and further confirm.
I would try the easier things first. Change to a different power source (different fuse if you tapped into the fuse box), make sure WiFi is off, remove rear camera from the mount and let it hang from the cable, away from the rear glass.

I've tried shielding with foil, moving the camera positions, and changing the cable routing from up top to the bottom, both on the right hand side. Helped, but didn't solve the problem. BTW, my issue was satellite radio intermittently cutting out. Fine with rear camera unplugged, bad when plugged in.

Viofo responded to my support case. Said they were introducing a new, shielded cable and would mail one when in stock. They are waiting for delivery, and are hoping for the end of the month.

Back