Rear camera videos are like looking through a mirror!

Sdeel7491

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 2ch
Hi had my A129 duo fitted by a so called auto electrical guy! But a couple of things don't seem right ,when I view my rear camera videos it's like looking through a mirror!

And it seems to be live all the time as the Rec LED is solid all the time even when the ignition is off and it feels warm. If I disconnect it it goes out,but when I reconnect it the LED comes back on constant with out the ignition off !

He used the 3 wire kit that came with.

Is there any official instructions for wiring it up I can show him !
Cheers

It will get a little warm, that’s common.

If it stays on all the time then it doesn’t mean something is wrong, unless you have parking mode turned off of course.

With the ignition off have a look at the camera screen and see if the parking mode icon is on (a P with a camera next to it)or if the normal recording mode icon is showing (a car with a camera next to it).

If it is the parking icon then that is how it should be when parking mode is active, if it is the other icon then I would say the guy has wired it up to 2 battery fed fuses and not 1 battery and 1 switched ACC fuse.

Also, check the camera an hour after you have turned the ignition off because sometimes on modern cars some of the ACC fuses stay on for a short time after the ignition is turned off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back