Rear camera

gotheranger

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there everyone
I have a two channel dr650gw and I want to change the rear camera (insude one) to the truck rear camera, can I do this? And if I disconnect the rear camera now will it effect the the front camera other than showing it on the phone that there is no rear camera connected ?
Cheers

Hi gotheranger, and welcome!
I think the truck rear camera is the same unit, but in a waterproof casing? Never seen one in the flesh, so can't be sure. Just make sure it uses the same SMB co-ax connectors.
As for disconnecting your existing rear camera, no drama with that. I re-installed my DR650GW-2CH in my new (well, had it 20 months now) car, and it's been without the rear camera for a couple of weeks. Just wired up the rear today, and wired power into the fuse box as I had a bit of time to run the cabling in. All back to normal, still not impressed with the picture quality, but I least I have front and rear recording now!
I had this cam in a previous car, but it's been back in its box for the last 20 months, many firmware updates ago, that's for sure!
Cheers

Hi the slim40something, I have rang around and got it all sorted. The truck rear camera will fit but there in back order so I have to wait a bit. I have already disconnected the rear camera and there's no problems with faults etc but when in the cloud it just lets you know there's no rear camera connected
Cheers for the info too

Back