Rear dash cam?

Fury

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I'm interested in getting another dash cam, but for the rear of the vehicle. Currently using the Street Guardian SG9665GC for the front and I love it, but don't want o shell out another $200 of it. Plus I live in a hot state, so battery dash cam won't work.

Is there a rear dash cam set up, or can I use another regular dash cam and put it in the rear and how would I go about wiring it?

Any recommendation would be appreciated!

myself I have two different DVR’s, for front and rear facing, they both get the power from the same fuse, in fact I’ve wired mine so they come on not with ignition but with lights on, as I drive my car 100% lights on, day or night

here's my wiring set up

I don’t see any reason why they both have to be the same make or model to work

Having a mobius in the rear is pretty nice, to me thats still the best and cheapest rear camera you can have, and it allso do well as a side camera, mine is now in the left side of my car.
And its small which is important if you like me have the lens right up against the glass, that way it is easy to see, but most other things would be even larger if installed in the same way.
The big + of my setup is i have no heater element wires in my footage, but this is only possible on a car with a vertical rear window like my little 5 door suzuki have.

Having a mobius in the rear is pretty nice, to me thats still the best and cheapest rear camera you can have, and it allso do well as a side camera, mine is now in the left side of my car.
And its small which is important if you like me have the lens right up against the glass, that way it is easy to see, but most other things would be even larger if installed in the same way.
The big + of my setup is i have no heater element wires in my footage, but this is only possible on a car with a vertical rear window like my little 5 door suzuki have.
+1

Awesome, thanks everyone!

Back