Rebooting and boot loop problems

Derekmillion

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware F770 / Vantrue N4 / Viofo A119 V3 / Viofo T130
Some of you know I've had issues with the T130 randomly rebooting every 15 to 30 minutes when driving.
I thought this was an issue with the sd card as many have said that is usually the culprit.
I switched from my 256gb Sansdisk high endurance card to a 256gb Samsung pro endurance card, and for a week or so, everything was good.
I took the Samsung card out yesterday to review what the card had captured, everything looked good.

I put the card back into the camera this morning before driving to work, and all is not well.
I wanted to confirm system settings before leaving for work, but everytime I push the wifi button, the camera will reboot. (see my video)
The next problem is whenever I turn the car off, the camera goes into parking mode and then reboots, starts normal recording and the cycle repeats. (see video)
T130 VIDEO

Before anyone asks, I have checked the wiring and power which I installed myself and this is also the first time this problem has happened owning the T130 since June 2022.
The camera, as far as I can tell, records normally when the ignition is on (basically driving) but I can't touch the wifi button and parking mode is dead.
I have tried to power cycle the camera by both pulling the power cord out and using the pinhole reset, no luck.
I am running the latest firmware.

Any suggestions?

00:02 confirmed car ignition on

00:11 1st time pressing wifi button
00:35 camera reboots

01:48 2nd time pressing wifi button
02:10 camera reboots

03:26 3rd time pressing wifi button
03:49 camera reboots

04:53 turn car ignition off - camera goes into parking mode and starts boot looping

07:02 turn car ignition on - camera returns to normal

08:15 4th time pressing wifi button
08:37 camera reboots

Last edited:
Format the card with SDformatter or GUIformatter and test again.

Thank you that resolved my problem.
I honestly didn't think to do that since it was working completely fine before taking the card out.
I guess my question is, what actually happened between me taking the card out, viewing files on my pc, and putting it back??

I also noticed this, when I click the wifi button, connect to the camera and do whatever I need to do, exit the app on my phone and then click the wifi button to disable it, it beeps once or twice and says "recording 3ch started"
Is that normal operating behavior? Because once I'm done editing settings of the camera, you have to click the center button which enables recording anyway. It looks like it restarted almost without actually rebooting if that makes sense.

Thank you that resolved my problem.
I honestly didn't think to do that since it was working completely fine before taking the card out.
I guess my question is, what actually happened between me taking the card out, viewing files on my pc, and putting it back??

I also noticed this, when I click the wifi button, connect to the camera and do whatever I need to do, exit the app on my phone and then click the wifi button to disable it, it beeps once or twice and says "recording 3ch started"
Is that normal operating behavior? Because once I'm done editing settings of the camera, you have to click the center button which enables recording anyway. It looks like it restarted almost without actually rebooting if that makes sense.
I always recommend users to format the card in the camera any time it has been removed and used in another device. I know there are plenty of users who don’t do this and feel it is unnecessary, but I always suggest users cover their bases to avoid any potential issues like this. By placing the card in your PC, it’s possible a hidden file was placed on the card that trips up the camera.
I believe recording must be stopped on the T130 to turn WiFi on and off, so announcing it has started recording again sounds normal to me.

Back