Recommended micro sd card

This one in particular is white/grey with red text on it. The sandisk 64gb inside my nextbase dash cam is red/grey and I’ve never had any issues with it *touch wood*

Like mine, your red/grey SanDisk Ultra card could go a very long time without any issues. Still, I recommend putting it aside for use in non-mission critical situations like camera testing. Imagine how you might feel if you had an accident or other mishap and discovered only after the fact that the Ultra card had failed on you at the worst possible moment. The loss could be far, far more dear than the cost of a new, more reliable memory card that you know you can count on.

The sandisk 64gb inside my nextbase dash cam is red/grey and I’ve never had any issues with it *touch wood*

the issue with those is just how they handle errors, if the card has an issue it will change to read only mode to protect the data but that's the end of the card once that happens, most cards will just mark a sector as bad and not use it and the card continues to work, both strategies have their purpose

Thanks for the comments. What micro sd cards do you guys have inserted into your mobius action cameras?

Thanks for the comments. What micro sd cards do you guys have inserted into your mobius action cameras?

I've had good experience with Transcend, Kingston and Samsung. I always purchase from Amazon (sold & shipped by) to be assured that I'm getting the real McCoy. If you're patient and keep an eye on Amazon's pricing fluctuations you can sometimes obtain one at a very attractive price. I'm partial to 64GB cards although I have a handful of legacy 32GB cards that just won't quit after years of daily use.

I’ve owned x2 Kingston 32gb in the past and both have failed to record at some point or another. So I went with Samsung as recommended by mobius official website. Would want 64gb not 32gb for the longer journey so it had less chance of over writing files quicker

My current mobius cards are:
32GB kingston CL4
16GB transcend 400x U1
32GB transcend 300x U1
64GB transcend 400x U1

I’ve owned x2 Kingston 32gb in the past and both have failed to record at some point or another. So I went with Samsung as recommended by mobius official website. Would want 64gb not 32gb for the longer journey so it had less chance of over writing files quicker

Unless there is a particular event I require or desire to archive I have no problem allowing a 32 GB card to overwrite after four or five hours of driving. And I always keep several spare memory cards in my vehicle should I want to preserve footage on a 32GB card. This notion of archiving zillions of hours of mundane driving is a waste of time in my book although many here seem compelled to do so.

Mine does well with the Transcend 400X 64GB card. I like the 8+ hour recording time partly since I use it for security and parking protection and partly as protection against false hit-and-run claims which might take a few hours before they are made evident. Given the pricing it's a usually a good deal but these have been in short supply lately and more expensive than usual. Larger cards are just too expensive for my tastes. Also in my business I may go to several locations each day, and having that extra time verifies my presence as well as proved no damage was caused by my vehicle while I'm there. 32GB is normally good enough for most folks who lust want a dashcam for their commutes and short road trips which comprise almost all of their driving. It's just nicer to have more and a cam which will handle that :cool:

Phil

Mine does well with the Transcend 400X 64GB card. I like the 8+ hour recording time partly since I use it for security and parking protection and partly as protection against false hit-and-run claims which might take a few hours before they are made evident. Given the pricing it's a usually a good deal but these have been in short supply lately and more expensive than usual. Larger cards are just too expensive for my tastes. Also in my business I may go to several locations each day, and having that extra time verifies my presence as well as proved no damage was caused by my vehicle while I'm there. 32GB is normally good enough for most folks who lust want a dashcam for their commutes and short road trips which comprise almost all of their driving. It's just nicer to have more and a cam which will handle that :cool:

Phil

Yeah, If I didn't happen to have a collection of 32GB cards from back in the day that are still in service I would go for 64GB cards instead and am slowly migrating to 64GB cards as time goes by for reasons similar to what you mention in your post.
I did buy a 128GB Samsung EVO on clearance for 25 dollars that I found at the local Walmart! It's still in the package until I decided just what I want to do with it. :)

...It's just nicer to have more and a cam which will handle that :cool:

Phil
Yep, I have to agree with that. While a 32GB card will serve nicely for 90%, or more, of my driving I like having the ability for recording ~18 hours on a single card. It's not uncommon that we will take off for a long weekend/mini-vacation that involves 5-6 hours driving each way. It's just convenient to know that should something 'interesting' happen I don't have to remember to lock the file(s) or off load them somewhere before I get back home.

The only kind of cards I'm buying these days are "High Endurance" - don't care about the brand. The prices have come down a lot lately, the only problem is, they are usually 64GB max.

I'm trialing an ADATA Premium 128GB card at the moment. They say it's suitable for dashcams. I've been using a Lexar 633x 128GB and it's been OK in the Mobius, but freaked out in my A119.

Back