Recording times and Parking Mode

• Thread starter Deleted member 56879
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56879

Parking Mode is set to “motion” with the lowest setting of sensitivity, which should mean that very little should trigger it to record, yet when my car is in my garage it seems to be always recording in Parking mode.

So much so, that it fills the entire 32gib SD.

Yesterday we went for a 4 hour drive and continuous mode captured only the last 45 minutes of the entire day.

The wiring is correct, confirmed by BBMC and I can here it switching modes when I start the car and stop the car.

I switched the parking mode to incident only (non buffered) to see if this makes a difference.

I will admit that my garage door had windows, and despite the windows being covered in a shoddy way, there may be some lights outside causing slight motion. I also back this car in, so it’s always facing the garage door.

How sensitive is the motion supposed to be? I set it as as it can go....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave up on 'motion detection' parking mode, I found that even on the least sensitive setting it was recording almost continuously. To be fair it's almost impossible to park somewhere where their isn't something moving, traffic in the distance, wind in the trees, etc. I would return to the car and the dash cam would announce numerous events. If there was an incident involving your car, you would have to trawl through potentially hours of footage.

I find 'parking mode' is largely a disappointment on the F800pro and currently have it set on 'eco mode' which doesn't run down my 12v battery and will trigger if I shut the doors too hard.

It would be nice if we can set the "motion" detection settings to trip only off the rear or the front camera. That way if you just have one that shoots inside the cabin, the motion can be triggered when someone is inside the car or around your window areas. That would be nice.

Back