Records sometimes/says I need to reformat SD card sometimes

Brianban1962

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I posted an issue last week about my cam locking up on start-up. Nextbase support replied and called it a "rebooting loop" and that I needed a new SD card and gave me other instructions (Thanks Nextbase Support!). So I bought a new one and it all started working fine again..... except every now and then it will work fine. Then other times it says that I need to reformat my card. I go to reformat the card and it says that it is a bad card. Then 20 minutes later, it is working fine and recording again. During a 1 hour trip, it can oscillate between recording and not recording multiple times. My fear is, that something will happen and my cam will not be recording at that time. Should I just purchase another new card and see if that does it, or does anyone have any suggestions for me? The new SD card that I bought was a ScanDisk 128 GB card. Thanks in advance!

It sounds like you still have an sd card problem, usually they are quick to tell you you need to buy an sd card from themselves. As they are designed to work without issue with the dash cam 522 series.
Personally I use the ScanDisk, a 128GB Extreme a U3 , class 10. It has worked without failure and that was based purely on cost ( at under half the cost of a nextbase card)
But on this occasion, I wonder if the nextbase would have been the wiser option. As you where already having an sd card issue

Attachments

• AA2E4F6A-D487-4F2F-92CB-76B72238480A.png
    AA2E4F6A-D487-4F2F-92CB-76B72238480A.png
    1 MB · Views: 4
sandisk have been known to be unreliable with nextbase, maybe try nextbase card or samsung pro endurance?
So I posted an issue last week about my cam locking up on start-up. Nextbase support replied and called it a "rebooting loop" and that I needed a new SD card and gave me other instructions (Thanks Nextbase Support!). So I bought a new one and it all started working fine again..... except every now and then it will work fine. Then other times it says that I need to reformat my card. I go to reformat the card and it says that it is a bad card. Then 20 minutes later, it is working fine and recording again. During a 1 hour trip, it can oscillate between recording and not recording multiple times. My fear is, that something will happen and my cam will not be recording at that time. Should I just purchase another new card and see if that does it, or does anyone have any suggestions for me? The new SD card that I bought was a ScanDisk 128 GB card. Thanks in advance!

Seen this, if nextbase have not authorised their name to be used in this way, surely there is a case of false advertising.
Obviously nextbase do not produce there own sd cards, so who does make them.

Attachments

• 14A081D0-13BD-423A-BF33-56EACEE84D09.png
    14A081D0-13BD-423A-BF33-56EACEE84D09.png
    562.5 KB · Views: 9
Hi,
I'm afraid the SanDisk Cards are very often not compatible with our cameras due to fluctuating write speeds. I've messaged you directly about a replacement card.

Seen this, if nextbase have not authorised their name to be used in this way, surely there is a case of false advertising.
Obviously nextbase do not produce there own sd cards, so who does make them.
Which link is that on please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

It is item number 265313505124 on that well known auction site.

Thanks for letting me know. We do not recommend using these cards, so I've reported this to our legal team to deal with.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S 522GW 15
B 522GW 5
Back