Red light jump = Crash

Andronk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another one from the streets of Sheffield. Ford Fiesta jumps the red light, Vauxhall Astra brakes but can't avoid the collision.

No one was hurt, I pulled over to give my details to the Astra driver in case he or his insurance company are interested in seeing the video.

The big blooming hedge doesn't help, complaint should also be going to the local highways department.

Some of these hedges are there to reduce visibility so that people considering jumping a red light at high speed can't do so without considerable and obvious risk, it may have worked since the accident occurred at very low speed with no injuries. There are also some hedges which are highly dangerous, but they are normally in supermarket car parks, not on the public roads.

Some of these hedges are there to reduce visibility so that people considering jumping a red light at high speed can't do so without considerable and obvious risk, it may have worked since the accident occurred at very low speed with no injuries. There are also some hedges which are highly dangerous, but they are normally in supermarket car parks, not on the public roads.
Here is an example of the council deliberately obstructing the view of a roundabout, presumably with the intention of slowing you down. Not a hedge in this case, but a crude metal fence. Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion! Bear in mind that the Streetview camera is mounted higher than my view from the van - you can't see anything until you're almost on the roundabout.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3...4!1sOP_xDoGnDXzG_fT7rmfHKQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Here is an example of the council deliberately obstructing the view of a roundabout, presumably with the intention of slowing you down. Not a hedge in this case, but a crude metal fence. Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion! Bear in mind that the Streetview camera is mounted higher than my view from the van - you can't see anything until you're almost on the roundabout.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3...4!1sOP_xDoGnDXzG_fT7rmfHKQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Looks a bit like it is intended to stop the cyclists being able to see without slowing down rather than the cars! Certainly doesn't look pretty.

Back